Night At The Drive-In

Rows of cars sat in the large field facing a large drive-in movie screen. Michelle sat in the bed of her red pick-up truck. The air had begun to cool down as the sun slowly set over the horizon. Several other people hurried about getting snacks, kids played in the grass, and the last few cars pulled into their spots for the movie.

Zack walked back to the truck, pizza in hand for supper. Michelle didn't see her cousin much, so it was good to spend some time with Zack. He walked to the red truck and jumped up on the tailgate, then handed Michelle her piece of pizza.

"You know, I've never been a fan of movies. I don't know how you always convince me to do these things," Zack said, looking at Michelle.

"I guess I'm just that good," she replied back, taking a bite out of her slice of cheese pizza.

The movie began a little later, the two happily munching at their dinner. The movie was a cop movie and opened in a diner, where two people were eating a large banana split. Soon enough, two robbers entered the scene and robbed the diner. An old lady even spit out her dentures in surprise in the scene, which made Zack giggle. Eventually a car chase began. The police searched the city over, combing every inch of it for the robbers. Eventually, two mean looking cops found the robbers and arrested them. The movie continued to play as Zack and Michelle finished their pizza.

"You know, I missed doing stuff with you Mich, even stuff I don't like," Zack whispered to Michelle.

"Me too," she whispered back.

The rest of the action movie played as Michelle began to doze off. Eventually, she was fully asleep. Zack nudged her side, making her wake up.

"For this being your idea, you sure didn't see much of the movie," he said.

"Huh?" Michelle asked, still drowsy from her accidental nap. She looked up to see the credits of the movie playing on the screen and several other cars pulling out of the field to leave.

"Oops, uh, sorry," Michelle muttered, a nervous grin crossing her face, "I didn't realize I fell asleep."

"Well, I honestly didn't even notice. Maybe I am starting to like certain movies," Zack told her, hopping down from the bed of the truck.

"You know, we can always come and see it again," Michelle teased him, grabbing the blanket they had been sitting on and handing it to him. Zack laughed as he grabbed the blanket. The two folded the blanket, got in the truck, and began to drive home.

"You know, maybe we can come and see it again," Zack mentioned from the passenger seat of the truck.

"What's that? I thought you didn't like movies?" Michelle commented back with a sarcastic tone. The two giggled at each other as Michelle pulled onto the main road and began to drive home.