Rivulet and her Dog

Rivulet pov

I wake up, the sound of machinery filling my ears and light gurgling from my companion salamander friend causing me to panic at first, before remembering the previous cycle where I tamed them.

I run my slick paw over it's armored head and past it's frills, just like the ones I had. The sounds of the shelter opening grab my attention as I sit up and stretch, hearing light scratching noises, likely the salamander clawing at the shelter floor

"Don't worry, we'll be out soon, then I can get you somethin to eat, like a jetfish!"

That must have done something, as my companion perks up and walks over to me, getting in my personal space, like always.

The shelter finishes opening up and I squeeze myself through the tight opening with ease, popping out through the other side in a jumble of twisting and turning pipes. I waste no time in crawling through these pipes, hearing my companion clumsily following behind.

Then, I get an idea. Maybe a bad one, but I won't be able to find out unless I try it, right?

No one's pov

Rivulet, instead of heading out into the much more open area of Shoreline, brings their salamander companion to go and meet a friend of theirs.

Rivulet slips through the pipes with ease, remembering to stop and let their friend catch up, and after a while the two are in an open, waterlogged room with an opening in the wall

Rivulet pov

"Come on, let's go meet my mom!"

I pull myself out of the pipe and drop into the cool water below, looking up at the ledge, waiting for the salamander to follow.

Which they do, of course. I swim backwards and give them space to drop down with a loud splash, and I begin to swim over to the opening, my ears twitching in excitement as the sounds of familiar clicks and whirring fills them.

I pull myself up onto a ledge, shaking droplets of water from my frills as my tail dangles in the water. I peer into the chamber and up at my most favorite.. person? My most favorite person in this sad world.

"Mom!"

LttM pov

Pulled from my thoughts from the sounds of a loud chitter, I open my eyes and glance down towards the deserted island where I usually sit, and there they were again.

"Oh, hello ruffles!"

Floating down from my spot, landing on the small island with a soft thud, I sit cross-legged and stare at the small blue slugcat in curiosity.

"What brings you back here, little one? Have you anything to show me, or we're you just lonely perhaps? "

I reach a hand out and gently brush my fingers across the slugcats cheek, letting out a small giggle as the slick creature moved closer, curling up against my leg.

I keep a hand on their head for a moment before the sounds of water moving quite quickly is heard.

Looking up, my gaze is met by that of another creature, and a big one at that. It isn't aggressive, which is a good thing, but it doesn't come any closer.

"Ruffles, is that your friend? Is that why you came back?"

The only response I get is small clicking noises and purring, which I can only assume is their way of saying yes.

"Well, at least you aren't alone out there, that's all that matters."

Wow look at me go!! This in total was 576 words I think, I can't remember.