*Chapter Three*

Three months is how long Kayce and Lina were together, three short but beautifully passionate months, but anyone who had known Kayce before he met Lina would have been surprised to see how easily he bonded with the woman after he met her in that bar.

He even found it strange at first the way he felt so drawn to Lina, and he didn't understand why and didn't want to tell anyone about it, but he did tell Eve his twin sister, who was 45 minutes older than Kayce.

She had just told him to roll with it even if she had an inkling of what it meant but Kayce didn't know the truth about their family at that time and Eve did, so she didn't say a word as she knew that it was something he had to figure out on his own.

But we will talk more about Eve at a later time.

John had warmed up to Lina in the three months that she was dating his son but still couldn't place why she seemed so familiar to him.

Lina had fit right in on the ranch, which has surprised many people. She had heard so much about Eve Dutton, Kayce's older twin sister, but didn't get to meet her as she was away the whole time Lina and Kayce were together.

It was the day Kayce was finally shipping out after all of his training and whatnot. Lina was in her car about to get out to say goodbye to Kayce when her phone rang, and she sighed seeing that it was her twin brother, "Nik what can I do for you?"

"Where are you, Lina, you've been blocking the locator spells I've had witches use to try and find you."

She rolled her eyes," You don't need to know my location 24//7 Nik... but I took a little me time if you must know "

"Lina... it's been three months."

Lina smirked, as a few memories flashed, before her eyes, "Well, what can I say? I've been keeping myself entertained."

Klaus got right to the point of the reason he called "Fun is over Lina, it's time to come home." She rolled her eyes but didn't try and fight with him, she knew that it would just lead to an argument that she really didn't want to have with him again.

"I'll call you later Nik." then without letting him say another word she hung the phone up and blew out a breath she knew that it was inevitable that she would have to leave him, but she had hoped for more time, she really fell for Kayce hard which was something that Lina hadn't expected... she had even planned to tell him the truth about who she was at some point but she was trying to hold off on that until he had at least activated his own werewolf curse so that he would be a little more open-minded about what she was telling him. But he hadn't yet, so Lina hadn't said anything.

She got out of the car and made her way over to where Kayce was standing he had said goodbye to everyone else at the ranch, but Lina had insisted on meeting him at the airport where he would be flying out.

Lina wrapped her arms around his neck, "hey you."

"Hi," he pecked on the lips. "What's bothering you, darlin?" he knew Lina well enough now to know when things were bothering her.

Lina sighed, "I was hoping that we would have more time..." she trailed off, biting her lip.

Kayce gave her a confused look. "I don't understand, Lina?"

She had told him a bit about her family, so he knew a little bit about her twin brother, "Nik called as I was getting out of the car and is requesting my presence..." Kayce nodded at her now understanding a little more, Lina smiled at him, "I wish we could have had more time together but," she caressed his face, "this is for the best right now, Kayce," Seeing the look in her eyes he knew exactly what she meant, "I don't know when I'll see you again, but I promise that we will see each other again." She pulled out a leather corded pendant and placed it in his hands, "hang on to this and if you ever urgently need me I will know if you touch the pendant, and I'll be there."

He took the necklace from her and then rested his forehead against hers for a moment before he pulled her into one last kiss, "I love you Lina... just remember that, okay?"

Lina smiled at him, "I love you too Kayce, I wish things could be different, but they aren't so just know you will always have a place in my heart, Kayce Dutton." Kayce's flight was called, and the two went their separate ways for now with sad smiles on both of their faces.

Lina meant what she said, she would see him again one day, no matter what.

Lina got back into her car and called her brother back as she sped down the road, "All right Nik where are you?"

"Hmmm, what's with the voice, Lina, you sound bothered."

Lina rolled her eyes, she knew that at some point she would have to tell him about Kayce but with the way he always killed Rebekah's lovers she hadn't been in a hurry to introduce her twin to the man who had managed to steal her heart in fear that Klaus would kill him and Lina couldn't have that.

The hybrid was confused at how quickly things had escalated, she had thought that it would have just been a fling that meant nothing in the end, but instead, she had actually connected with the youngest Dutton and grew attached and ended up falling in love with him in a very short period of time. "Yeah Nik you're bothering me... so where am I meeting you?"

"New York."

Lina rolled her eyes, "Okay, then it is going to take me at least three days to get there, I am literally on the opposite side of the country right now."

"I will see you in three days then, Lina." she hung up the phone after that.

Sitting in a café in New York, Klaus Mikaelson held a small frown on his face at the standoffish tone in his twin sister's voice before she hung the phone up, it worried him that something had happened to her while she was away from him.

Nikolina was his twin sister, after all, the one person in the whole world who truly understood and loved him unconditionally, his many flaws and all. So for her to have disappeared for three months and not let him know where she was going worried him, and the fact that she was blocking every locator spell he used to try and find her.

***

Three days later Lina pulled up in front of an apartment building in New York which is where her brother had told her he was living at the moment and where she was to meet him, she rang the buzzer outside, "Nik... it's me."

She was buzzed in and walked to the elevator and stepped inside and went to the penthouse floor, which was where her twin lived. She knocked on the door before just waltzing in, since he knew she was on her way up. "Sup Nikky, the better twin is here."

Nik rolled his eyes, "How many times have I told you not to call me Nikky?" though he pulled her into a hug.

Lina just smirked at him knowing that it got in his nerves which is exactly why she does it "I've lost count at this point," she hugged him back.

He pulled back and looked at her, the concern  clear in his eyes "Now what's going on with you, Lina?"

She sighed, she had expected to be questioned and debated on telling him the truth, but then again she didn't want him to find Kayce and hurt him as he had done to a few of Rebekah's past lovers. So she quickly decided against that. "Don't worry about it, Nik, I just needed a little time to myself and got a little carried away, and the trip lasted longer than I intended it to."

He knew there was something that she wasn't telling him but for now he wouldn't press her for more information. Just for now though he would definitely be asking questions later.

***
Ma babies I love them sm already next chapter will also be a flashback to Lina finding out that she's pregnant and Klaus absolutely losing his mind at the fact that his twin sister got knocked up, XD So that will be fun.

Also, Eve will probably make her first appearance in the next chapter as well still deciding on that but it's more than likely to happen.