*Chapter Four*

It had been three weeks since Lina had moved to New York with her twin brother, and she was confused because for the last couple of weeks, she had been feeling off but because she was part vampire she didn't think that it was possible for her to be ill.

Then she realized something, that she was still part witch and that they hadn't used protection any of the times that she and Kayce had sex "Fuck" she pulled her phone out and dialed the number of a friend whom she had made upon moving into the City. "Clarisse, I need you to do something for me… if you will please?"

"What do you need, Niki?" Clarisse was the daughter of Tony Stark, but her mother was a werewolf so Clarisse inherited the gene but hadn't activated it yet, but she knew about it because her mother had told her about it so that she would be aware and wouldn't accidentally activate it. Tony just wasn't aware of her existence yet, but we will get into that at a later date.

"I need you to run to the store and bring me like a handful of pregnancy tests… shit, this is not happening right now…'

"All right, I'll be by your place in a little while with the tests."

20 minutes later there was a buzz, "Hey Niki it's Clarisse and I ran into Eve at the store, and she came with me" Lina knew that Eve was a werewolf but didn't know that she was Kayce's twin sister and Eve didn't know that Lina was the girl that Kayce was with since she knows her as Niki not Lina.

Lina buzzed them in and opened the apartment door when Clarisse knocked and Lina pulled them both into the apartment.

"Thank you, Clarisse… you know I've been feeling a little off the past couple of weeks and could not for the life of me figure out why, and just a little bit ago I was thinking about it and then realized I'm not just part vampire I'm also a part witch and werewolf but that one's dormant at the moment and then realized that my last relationship even though we were only together for three months, we never used protection any of the times that we had sex, because I am an idiot and didn’t think that I could get pregnant because it hadn’t happened… yet anyway… hence the reason for the pregnancy tests…"

Lina took all six of the tests that Clarisse had brought, and the three sat waiting for the timer to go off. Eve looked at the girl, "What are you going to do if it's positive?"

Lina sighed, "I don't know yet…"

"What about the father?" Questions Clarisse.

"I don't have a way to get in contact with him at the moment… I could get in contact with his family and tell them to tell him. Still, the only problem is that knowing him, he'll want to drop everything and be there to take care of us… which wouldn't be a bad thing if I knew that he wouldn't end up resenting me for it in the long run… which I know that he would, and I can't do that to him, so guess for now that I'm in this alone… if it comes back positive that is."

The timer went off and Lina blew out a breath as she walked into her bathroom and looked at the six tests in a line on the sink, on the first four the two lines were prominent, and on the other two faint but could still be seen. "Holy shit …" Clarisse and Eve walked in, hearing her say that.

"So what's the verdict? Pregnant or not?"

"They're all positive. The first four you can clearly see the lines and the last two faintly can be seen… so now I've got to make an appointment just to clarify 100 percent that it's true." She closed her eyes and sighed "Great now I have to tell Nik what I've been dreading telling him since I came back to New York for him "

Eve looked at her, "which is what, Niki?"

"The reason I disappeared for three months and didn't tell him where I was going… see, my plan was just to keep up with the promise I made to someone centuries ago and make sure their family was okay… but then I met someone there and that person is the father of this baby… I probably shouldn't say more though… Nik is going to blow a fuse, I can feel it."