Eight

Charlie's Pov-
((A/n~ this chapter will be a little longer then I expected I'm sorry))

I sat at the head quarters bouncing my foot. There was a major bomb threat in the city I didn't feel safe at Mary's not trying to be an ass she is my best friend but something about being here felt safe. Being at his work really made me feel comfortable as they were out doing there thing was here with Jerry. "So, your McGarrett's girl?" He asked I raised my eyebrow looking up from the big table in front of us. "His what?" I asked him he sighed shaking his head "No sorry that was just stupid to ask you" I smiled softly at him shaking my head "No question is stupid at all Jerry. But no I'm his best friend not his girlfriend." He looked up at me through his eyebrows.

"Wait you're not his girlfriend? That's shocking I really thought you were together by the looks of you two I'd think so." I stood there confused I placed my hands in the edge of the table leaning a bit "What do you mean?" I asked him he shrugged his shoulders "I don't know, just the way he acts when you're around or the way he protects you like his life depends on it or something." He waved his hands I smiled softly at him nodding my head

"No we're just friends but thank you I'll umm be in his office if you need me or if they show up." He nodded his head I walked off into his office I looked around at the stuff he had in his office. I walked over to the desk I looked at the photos he had sitting there. I smiled softly when I saw the one closest to his computer I pulled his chair out sitting down in the seat I grabbed the photo "I remember this day very clear." I whispered running my fingers over it.

~Past~
Steve's Pov-
"Come on Steve Char is already there waiting for us!! We are already late!!" Mary yelled up the stairs I grabbed my jacket walking out my room and down the stairs "Shut up we're going" she laughed a bit shaking her head "Awe does little Stevie need to look nice for his crush?" She said following behind me as I went to let our father know we were heading to the fair. "Shut up" I shoved her a bit she gasped

"Steven! Stop it right now or you're both not gonna go." I looked back over at my father "But she started it why do I gotta get punished for her acting out of behavior?" I asked she sighed deeply "Okay you guys got everything?" He asked we nodded our heads we went through a check list. Soon we were off to go to the fair. Once we pulled up we got out meeting Charlie where we said we would meet. There she stood beautiful as ever but what killed me was the guy she was talking to.

He was the president of the debate club in school. "Charlie!" Mary yelled her head whipped over she waved at him then ran up to us "Who was that?" I asked I could feel Mary's eyes burning in the side of my head. "Oh that's Joey he's pretty cool he thought I got ditched or something and asked if I wanted to join him and his best friend and his girlfriend." I heard Mary chuckle a bit I looked over at her "Any ways let's go get ready for the best fair of our lives!" We ran off doing almost everything and anything.

"Hey look a photo both!" Charlie walked over to I looked at the bathroom as Mary was still inside. "Wanna get photos taken?" I asked her she nodded her head.

Charlie's Pov~

We sat in the photoboth as he put money in I started to select the photo type and how many "want to print two one for you and me?" I asked him he nodded his head I tapped the selections and we got ready and started to pose for the photos to through him off I grabbed his face and kissed his cheek he sat there frozen I smiled softly as he smiled up at me as I sat in his lap.

~Present~

Steve's Pov~
"Oh and Charlie is in your office sir." Jerry said I nodded my head walking over to my door she was deeply staring down at the picture frame she had in her hands I walked inside my office to notice it was the fair photos. "I remember that day like it was yesterday." She jumped a hit quickly putting the photo frame back. "I'm so sorry for touching your things and sitting here." She said standing up quickly moving out the way I walked over sitting down in my chair.

"It's comfy ain't it?" I asked her she nodded her head. Her eyes traveled right back to that photo. Right now was the perfect time I think to tell her "I also knew from day one that you were perfect when you kissed my cheek in that photo it sent me over the moon Char" she looked over at me for a moment. "When this photo was taken I wanted to kiss you so god damn badly it took everything in me not to" it was silent and awkward now I ruined it all right there

"Why didn't you?" She asked I looked up at her as she was looking right at me "I didn't think you'd feel the same way I do."  She looked over at the photo "I still feel the same way as I did then" she looked over at me for a moment it was like what I was saying was a shock to her "R-really?" She asked I nodded my head I pushed my chair out leaning back "Come here" I patted my lap she walked up to me sitting down on my lap. I looked directly at her smiling softly.

"You know it's not the same as it was then to now." She raised her eyebrow a little confused "What I'm saying is that my feelings now for you are totally different then how I felt back then. Then it was like puppy love a little crush but now seeing you here sitting on my lap right in front of me in my office that... That.." I fell silent for a moment trying to think of the right words to say to her. I went to speak again but the door opened quickly "We found the Bomb" Danny said but stopped quickly after he noticed Charlie on my lap

"You know they make bedrooms for this stuff right?" He said I rolled my eyes Charlie got up as I stood up out of my chair "stay here okay? I'll be right back and we can finish where we left off okay? How do" she cut me off her lips softly crashing along mine "I'll be outside waiting" my office door closed and shut I melted into the kiss I grabbed her softly pulling her close to me we pulled away she had a soft smile of her face "Go be a superhero, better come back to finish this" I nodded my head quickly. I walked out my office leaving her behind this was definitely not what I wanted to do leave her behind where I may or may not make it back depends on the bomb that is hidden in Hawaii well not even hidden no more we found it.

  ~Hours later~

"I'm sorry" I turned the truck super hard making it crash and lay on its side we climbed out quickly hiding behind the truck "Listen, i just want to make it known that we finally kissed." Danny pressed his back against the truck sighing deeply "Yeah and now we are in a life or death situation better pray you'll make it back to give her another one" I went to speak but the bomb went off causing everything to go black.