What Were You Made For?

You all walked in one by one, facing the smug looking man as he spun around to face you all.
"Oh, welcome back! Why don't you go ahead and take this Time Collar off and start treating me like somebody who outranks you?" He remarks.

"We don't work here" Loki replies, gesturing to the two of you. Loki and you stood in the middle, side by side, directly facing him.
"Oh, that's a good point. You should stop talking" Brad smiles.

"Hey, what were you doing down there on the Sacred Timeline?" Mobius asks, getting the interrogation started.
"Making movies" Brad replies.
"Don't waste our time, X-5" B-15 sighs.

"It's Brad. Bradley" he corrects her.
"Right, Brad. Let's cut to the chase, shall we?" You say as Loki takes the TemPad out, handing it to you. "What did you do to this TemPad?"

Brad awkwardly turns to Mobius, who gestures for him to answer your question. He sighs.
"It blocks your trackers" he answers.
"No it doesn't" Loki responds instantly.
"Yeah, no shit."

"What is it designed for, X-5?" B-15 asks.
"It's Brad. And under whose authority are you holding me here? Looking around this room, I do not see anyone ranking high to make that call."
"I don't need approval to detain a hunter that abandoned his post" B-15 responds.

"Oh, that's good," he whispers. "But weren't you the one blabbering on and on about how we all had lives on the timeline? Well, I went down and got my life. What exactly are you mad at me about?" He asks her.

"There are lives at stake" Loki tells him, deadpanning. Brad turns slowly to him, tilting his head slightly.
"There are lives at stake?" He asks, making Loki nod. You began to grow nervous, looking at Mobius who didn't dare to look back at you.

"Oh you've got some nerve" Brad sighs. "'There are lives at stake'. Everyone here knows what you're doing, you know? You're just trying to make up for all the terrible, awful shit you've done in your life, you pathetic little man," Brad says. Loki breathes in sharply, making you glance at him.

You could tell instantly he was irritated already and probably moments away from snapping. You turn to Mobius, who was looking at you this time and knew instantly what you were saying.
"Okay, that's enough" Mobius stops Brad.

"No, Mobius, it's... it's riveting" Loki smirks, turning back to Brad. "Keep going."
You look back at Brad, wanting more than anything to find out a way to make him not talk. You knew he was going to push Loki over the edge.

"See, everything you, Y/N and Sylvie have ever done to try to help, had only ever made it worse."
"Is that right?" Loki challenges him.

"See, I've read your file. It's you. You're the problem. Every time we've ever found a you. Problem is, you think you're special, but you're not. It doesn't matter what outfit you put on, play dress up, or what little lies you tell your friends or even the lies you tell yourself. At the end of the day, you just make everything worse. For Mobius. For B-15. For Y/N," he pauses, smiling for a moment. "For your mother."

You turn to Loki instantly, seeing his head raise challengingly. You reach your hand, gently brushing your hand against his for a split second to try and reassure him.

"That's what you do," Brad carries on. "You just make everything worse. You lose. You're a loser."
"Loki" you try to say, seeing the way Loki breathed out to try and release some of his anger. Brad carried on anyway.
"Stop trying to be a hero, man. You're a villain. And you're good at it. Do that."

Loki lets out a dark, chilling chuckle, shaking his head before looking up at Brad. "Thank you Brad," he mocks. "Very much. I really am touched. You know, you're right. I have done some terrible, awful things. Yeah, maybe that is who I am, he knows" he gestures to Mobius.