1 | GREEN TEXTS

[  this is the one chapter i had planned out. i genuinely don't know what to do now i'm crying. don't expect nothing for a WHILE  ]

☽︎

IF IT HELPS, THEY AREN'T WRINKLY.

JACKIE SWAN HAD A SMIRK ON HER FACE THE ENTIRE GODDAMN TIME that her father was yelling at Bella, who finally returned home after three days of traveling to Italy and back

JACKIE SWAN HAD A SMIRK ON HER FACE THE ENTIRE GODDAMN TIME that her father was yelling at Bella, who finally returned home after three days of traveling to Italy and back. Bella never got grounded — it was always Jack getting into trouble — so it was a nice change that she had to be back every day by four in the afternoon.

But now the smirk was gone as she sat in the living room of the Cullen house. Jack valued sleep above most everything else, so she wasn't pleased to be wasting her Saturday night — morning given that it was three — surrounded by the family that left her sister in shambles back in September. Jackie had no idea why Edward woke her and asked her to come to their house in the middle of the night.

Already, Bella was breaking the rules of her grounding, getting tips from her sister on how to successfully sneak out and not get caught. Evidently, asking the Cullens to vote on whether she should become a vampire and be part of their coven couldn't wait until a reasonable hour. Jack was nodding in and out of sleep on Emmett's shoulder as most everyone but Rosalie voted yes for Bella, much to Edward's disappointment.

"Jackie," Alice then murmured when they were finished, looking at the sleeping human. Emmett quickly nudged her to wake her up. "We have something important to tell you."

"Is it that my sister is going to be a vampire?" she asked sarcastically before letting out a big yawn.

"Something happened in Volterra," Edward said in a somber tone as Bella came to sit next to her sister. "Alice had a vision back when we all met you. A vision connecting you to the Volturi. And while there, Aro, who can see every thought you've ever had with one touch, saw the vision as well."

Since he left out the specifics, Jack didn't really understand what the big deal was. "I mean, they know I exist. I spoke to the angry one on the phone."

"You spoke with Caius?" Carlisle asked, his eyebrows shooting up. Truthfully, Edward, Alice, and Bella were the only ones who knew what was going on. Alice had kept the vision from everyone in the family, even Carlisle, which the leader of the coven wouldn't appreciate.

"Yeah, I guess," she shrugged. Then she frowned. "He kept calling me funny names."

"They weren't funny names, Jackie," Alice said in a gentle tone. "They were... terms of endearment."

"What?" Rosalie was the one to ask, not understanding where this was going. She'd always been very protective of Jack, who wanted nothing to do with their vampirism. "What do you mean?"