2 | PHONE CALLS

[  merry christmas to those who celebrate. also i know i'm writing bella a little ooc but i think she'd genuinely be different if she grew up with a sibling. she wouldn't be quite as awkward  ]

☽︎

SHE GETS DRESS-CODED ALL THE TIME.

IT WAS AMUSING TO THE GUARD AS THE VOLTURI KINGS CROWDED AROUND ARO'S NEW PHONE, watching the video that Demetri had sent them

IT WAS AMUSING TO THE GUARD AS THE VOLTURI KINGS CROWDED AROUND ARO'S NEW PHONE, watching the video that Demetri had sent them. Because Demetri couldn't reveal himself to the humans, the video of their mate at the so-called cheerleading practice was taken from behind, and they couldn't even see her face, which Caius and Marcus hated, knowing Aro had an advantage over them because he saw her in Alice's memories. At the very least, Aro took kindness on his Soul Brothers and pointed out the smaller girl that was being lifted by three other girls.

"I believe that to be her."

"She is far too high off the ground," Caius said, frowning deeply. "Humans are fragile, Aro."

Felix seemed to agree because, in the background of the video, you could hear him complaining about how dangerous it was.

"Brother, I believe she quite enjoys the sport," Marcus said, knowing getting in the way of it would aggravate Jackie. Then he watched as their mate brought her leg up by her head, seemingly very flexible. "Perhaps we could learn to enjoy it too."

Aro scoffed playfully and then moved on to the message from Jane. It contained a picture of this cheerleading uniform, which was hanging on the back of Jackie's door in her bedroom. She said she'd discovered it the night before, and Aro knew Caius in particular would hate it, which put a smile on his face. Besides, it certainly piqued his personal interest.

"She prances about in that?" Caius asked, his eyebrows raising to his hairline nearly.

It was a cropped blue and yellow tank top with a short skirt that had panels not even sewn together, meaning her thighs would be exposed with each swish of her hips. And though he secretly wished to see her in it — despite not even knowing what she really looked like — he didn't want anyone else to see her in such clothes.

"Jane has explained that this is what they wear to school on game days when they have sporting events," Aro explained, reading the text.

"She—"

"Brother," Marcus cut him off while also sighing. "She is a modern woman, and we have not left these walls in years to see how the world has developed. I suspect if she can wear this in the walls of her schooling establishment, then it is quite proper."

"I don't care," he said stubbornly while reaching for his own phone to send a text — a command — to Jackie. "She cannot wear it. Not in the presence of such vile human boys who do not know how to control their thoughts and actions."