01. Glorious Purpose [P1]

"Appears to be a standard sequence violation." The woman stated, glancing around at the dessert that surrounded them as the portal-like door she had just emerged from disappeared, "Branch is growing at a stable slope. Variant identified."

"I beg your pardon?" Loki questioned, cocking his head, an incredulous expression on his face.

"On behalf of the Time Variance Authority, I hereby arrest you for crimes against the Sacred Timeline. Hands up." The woman, seeming to be the leader of the group around her, continued, her last statement causing the various other soldiers to point their weapons, which seemed to look like hot pokers, in Loki's direction. "You're coming with us."

"I'm sorry- who's 'us'?"

She powered up her own weapon, matching the stance of those around her, "Last chance Variant."

Loki began to chuckle in response, then looking back up at her, "It's been a very long day, and I think I've had my fill of idiots in armoured suits telling me what to do, so, if you don't mind, this is actually your last chance."

The woman began slowly approaching, weapon raised.

"Now get out of my way." He finished, stalking forward.

The soldier immediately wacked him in the face, his body seeming to move in slow motion as he was knocked back. She casually moved over to him, fastening a collar-device round his neck.

"You're now moving at 1/16th speed, but feeling all that pain in real time."

As his movement speed returned to normal, Loki fell into the sand with a grunt, two soldiers quickly going over to grab his arms and haul him back up.

"Reset the timeline" The leader commanded, picking up the tesseract as he was led away through another portal-door.

Having been parted from the tesseract, as well as his beloved asgaurdian outfit, and enduring an incredibly peculiar processing-system, Loki was now being led down what appeared to be a courtroom.

"Laufeyson. Variant L1130, AKA Loki Laufeyson," The judge started, "is charged with sequence violation 7-20-89."

He was pushed onto a small platform.

The lady in the judge's seat looked up from the file she had been reading from. "How do you plead?"

Loki scoffed. "Madam, a god doesn't plead. Look this has been a very enjoyable pantomime , but I'd like to go home now. "

"Are you guilty or not guilty, sir?"

He scoffed again. "Guilty of being the God of Mischief? Yes. Guilty of finding all this incredibly tedious? Yes. Guilty of a 'crime' against the 'Sacred Timeline'? Absolutely not, you have the wrong person."

"Oh, really? And who should we have?" She raised her eyebrows in question.

"I suspect the Avengers." Loki replied, "You see, I only came into possession of the Tesseract because they travelled through time. No doubt in a last-ditch effort to stave off my ascent to God King."

"That's quite an accusation."

The door behind him clicked shut as someone else entered the room.

"Oh believe me, you can smell the cologne of two Tony Starks. You speak of 'Time Criminals'? It's they you should be after."

The man that had just entered took a seat in one of the pews.

"Perhaps you could provide me with a taskforce and resources," Loki gestured his hands at B-15, the soldier who had brought him in, "and I could return and eliminate them for you."