05. The Variant [P3]

"Doomsdays. The Variant's been ambushing our soldiers and hiding out in doomsdays to cover his tracks." Mobius said, rushing out of the elevator with Loki and Týr hot on his heels.

"You're welcome." Týr grinned, triumphantly.

"Yea, but in order for this theory to hold, the disasters have to be naturally-occuring, sudden, no warning, no survivors." Mobius explained, grabbing a file from his desk as they walked past.

"How many of those disasters could there possibly be?" Loki asked.

"I don't know, we're gonna find out."

Mobius sat, hunched in his chair, barely awake as his eyes glazed over a file. Loki and Týr were sitting opposite him, both having fallen asleep. Loki had lay his head on the table, using his folded arms as a cushion, whilst Týr was slumped over, arms spread out over the desk with his head resting on Loki's shoulder.

The two were both snoring, softly.

Yawning, Mobius looked up, closing the file in his hands and using it to tap the pair across from him awake.

"Hey?" He said as Loki slowly sat up, waking up Týr with the movement. "Come on, let's take a walk."

Noticing their position, Loki quickly sat up, knocking the shorter man off his shoulder as he did so, clearing his throat. Týr attempted to smirk at the other's reaction, but only managed a tired smile, causing Loki's cheeks to redden even more.

Pushing themselves up and grabbing their jackets, the two then followed Mobius back to the cafeteria.

As they sat back down again, Týr just slouched down in his chair, not bothering to fight the wave of fatigue as his eyes fell closed again.

"By the way, at your desk, that magazine?" Loki started.

"Yeah. The one on jet skis?"

"Yes. Why do you have that?"

"Because they're awesome." Mobius replied.

Týr blinked his eyes open again, leaning forwards to place his elbows on the table and resting his head in his hands. He smiled, lazily, "I supposed they are."

"Yeah. You know, some things- actually, most things in history are kinda dumb, and everything get ruined eventually." Mobius began the explain.

"That's dull." Týr interjected.

"But in the early 1990s, for a brief, shining moment, there was a beautiful union of form and function, which we call the jet ski, and a reasonable man cannot differ."

"You ever been on one?"

"He hasn't," Týr answered, "That's partly why he's so obsessed with them."

Mobius cleared his throat, "I think a TVA agent showing up on a jet ski on the Sacred Timeline, that would create a branch for sure."

"It'd be fun, though." Loki suggested.

"Yeah, yeah it'd be really fun."

"So, why read about them?"

"Just helps remind me of what we're fighting for."

There was a pause.

"I mean, you really believe in all this stuff, don't you?" Loki questioned, disbelievingly.

"I don't get hung up on 'believe, not believe'. I just accept what is." He stated.

"Three magic lizards..."