09. The Nexus Event [P1]

Loki slowly approached Týr. The brunette was sitting on a rock by a small lake, Sylvie crouching closer to the water as she chucked stones across it.

Týr stared down at his hands as Loki took a seat on the rock beside him, scowling furiously at the growing scorch marks.

"I'm sorry." The ravenette murmured after a moment.

Týr looked up at him, nodding his head slightly in acceptance.

There was a pause.

"I remember Asgard." Týr began, looking back down to his fingers, "I remember my family, my home, my sister."

Loki just gazed at him, listening intently. There was a small splash as Sylvie threw another stone, causing Týr to glance at her for a moment, before he continued.

"The universe wants to break free, so it manifests chaos." He rubbed his fingers over the scorch marks on his palms, "Like me being born with my powers, or Sylvie, the goddess of mischief."

The demi-god followed the shorter man's gaze, looking at the blonde with an expression of slight regret.

"And as soon as that created a big enough detour from the Sacred Timeline, the TVA showed up, erased my reality, and took me prisoner. At the time, I tried running. Stole a TemPad and ran. But it didn't last." Týr sighed, taking a breath, before looking back at Loki, "I don't like to think about Asgard because of my nexus event. Because of what I did."

He scoffed.

"You know, you should feel lucky we're about to die, because I wouldn't be telling you this in any other circumstance."

Loki huffed out a laugh.

"I don't know why my powers are what they are, or why they hold the power that they do," The brunette went on, "But I just know that they can never fully be controlled. They take hold when my emotions are high, so I was never meant to experience any high emotions."

Another pause.

"I was never meant to fall in love."

Loki's eyes widened a fraction.

Týr cleared his throat, "But, I did. I loved someone, and I lost control. My sister barely survived, no one else."

He took another breath, looking out over the water.

"When I was running from the TVA, I thought I had purpose. I thought I could do something that would get them back. But everywhere and every-when I went, it just caused a nexus event. Because I'm not supposed to exist."

The two glanced at each other, knees brushing together, as Týr desperately told himself he was only sharing this because it didn't matter anymore.

Loki carefully placed a hand over Týr's, smiling at him softly.

"Not long now." They heard Sylvie murmur. She slowly shuffled closer to the pair, glancing up at them, "Do you think that what makes a Loki a Loki is the fact that we're destined to lose?"

"No." Loki answered, voice quiet, "We may lose. Sometimes painfully. But we don't die."

"You survive." Týr agreed, nodding at Sylvie, "I mean, you did. You were taken by the TVA, but you ended up nearly taking down the organisation that claims to govern the order of time. You did that on your own!"

Sylvie looked back up at the two with a soft smile.

A loud rumbling caused the trio to all turn their heads, right in time to see a large meteor crash into the ground, just across the lake.