1 - Stain On Her Reputation

*editors note* hi guys! i hope you enjoy chapter one! This is my first posted writing of any kind and if any of you would like to be a proofreader for future chapters please feel free to let me know. I will most likely post a new chapter every week or so, so if the schedule changes I'll let you know. I'm going to dive into slightly deeper topics about Courtney's past on this show and how desperate she is to turn the tides and to prove to others (and herself!) that she is a kind person worthy of happiness.

Background Information: This was an unreleased season that was filmed right after All Stars. However, because of the amount of backlash the OG cast got during All Stars, Chris never released this season and simply brought in cast.

Stain On Her Reputation: Chapter 1

Courtney was bored. Restless, tired. After years and years of working towards finalizing her education, she stood there on the stage as a high school graduate. She made it. She was going to her dream college. Shouldn't she be bouncing off the walls in excitement right now?

Something felt off. She wanted change. After Total Drama, nothing felt the same anymore. Everyone she knew treated her differently than before the show. She didn't understand why. Sometimes fans of the show would flock around her at school, asking her personal and rather uncomfortable questions. "What happened with you and Duncan?" "OMG! Did you and Gwen ever talk after the show?" "Do you regret breaking up with Scott?"

Out of politeness she would usually excuse herself to the bathroom, where she would then spend as long as she needed to calm herself down and then listen by the door until she heard the paparazzi leave. Her friends distanced themselves. she would always find looks or murmurs in her directions, no matter where she was. To put it simply, she was alone.

So, as she stood there, in front of her family, her teachers and the few real friends she had left, the only thought that would travel into her mind was "what if I had done things differently." What if she had the ability to get back on the show and act differently this time. Would she still be looked at by her peers as the bossy, know-it-all CIT? or would she be seen as a mentor. A smart, witty, talented and kind person. This question has always been on her mind. The show was a stain on her life that couldn't be washed out. She quickly got her diploma and walked off, silencing the screaming aches of regret and pain.

The car ride home was filled with excitement by her parents, cheers and hoorays, but Courtney wouldn't listen. She couldn't listen. After all, the voices in her head drowned out anything else. As soon as she got home, She excused herself from dinner and ran to her room. She sat by her computer and did mindless tasks. Cleaning out her email, sorting tabs, anything to keep her mind off her thoughts.

As she sorted her email, she spotted a surprising email. It was sent by Chris. What was it this time? A mandatory letter to review any past court proceedings? A simple informality like a missing item left on the island or a contract expiration? No, Chris wouldn't be that kind to inform the kids of such things when he used to torture them tirelessly. Her finger hovered over her mouse. "Just click it." She thought to herself "It's probably nothing. No way would Chris ever even think of renewing the show." Against her better judgment, she clicked on the email.

Horror poured from the screen.

"Dear Past TDI Guest. It is Chris Maclean's and Chef Hatchet's pleasure to announce a renewal of Total Drama Island! You and a group of select cast members have been chosen to appear on the show. There is an attached file to the contract necessary to be filled out this season if you do choose to attend. Contracts are NOT negotiable for changes and will not be altered to fit the liking of any cast members this season. If you do wish to fill out the contract, please send the file in this email thread. Thank you."

She jumped at the sight of it. Was this some cruel joke? It couldn't be, it was too realistic to be some prank by an obsessed fan. She clicked on the link that provides the contract, and sure enough, it was legit. Her vision became fuzzy. She felt dizzy. She felt scared. This was the chance she has been waiting for since the show ended! To be seen as a better person on the show, to rekindle certain relationships and to move on from others. This was the chance of a lifetime to finally be seen by the public eye as a 'good person.'

She couldn't believe she even considered chickening out of this. She is a lot of things, but she never considered herself to be a quitter. She knew from the start that this show could make or break the rest of her life. Clearly, the universe chose the latter. She had lost a concerning amount of weight, needed therapy and meds, and a ton of extra support to be able to finally be able to move on.

She had been told by her parents, peers, and licensed doctors to move on. She needed too, she had too. If she didn't, she would be stuck in the past. She always thought she'd never get the chance to avenge her appearance on this show, so she convinced herself to not bother trying. After a while she was able to live as the bossy CIT. She didn't like it, but she accepted it. What other choice did she have? But here it was. The one chance. The only chance. The best chance she had to erase her past mistakes, to find a better life for herself. To be the person she always wanted to appear as. This was her only chance of changing the future, and she would be damned if she didn't take it.

She quickly skimmed the contract and signed what she needed too. She didn't bother asking for her parents permission; this was too important for her to even bother getting a second opinion. She sent the contract back to him immediately after signing.

As she sat forward in her chair, her finger hovered over the send button. "Last chance to back out" she thought. After a second of hesitation, she hastily clicked her mouse.

After a couple seconds of pure silence, she breathed a sigh of relief. It was done. She stared at the black computer in front of her quietly.

Negative thoughts slowly started creeping in her head. She was going to have to see her enemies, a physcopath of a host, and wait- if she got invited to participate, Duncan surely did too. The mere mention of his name couldn't help but make her feel queasy.

After what felt like an eternity, she perked her head up from the black screen and squeezed her thighs. trying to escape from the voices. The damn voices.

Suddenly, she heard her door creak open. It was her mom. Courtney turned to her, her eyes telling the whole story. "You signed up for total drama, didn't you?" Her mom nervously chucked to herself. Courtney perked up. How did she know? "I got an email about it."

Her mother silently walked up to Courtney and gave her a hug. She said nothing but Courtney knew what her mother was trying to tell her. "Be safe." Tears welled up in her eyes once more. She had to remind herself that she chose this. This was her choice and so far she didn't regret it entirely. She was going to spend the last weeks she had before college to rewrite what it meant to be Courtney Satella, and this time she wouldn't take no for an answer.

Shortly after, Courtney packed and left, ready to begin the next chapter of her life.