3 - Landslide Win

- As past dramas die down, tension starts to heat up. As Courtney tries to improve herself for the better, she notices a strange pattern in the challenges. Is everything truly what it seems? -

The 3 break days before the next challenge felt like a blur. Everything was different but at the same time it felt like nothing changed at all. While Courtney had tried her best to change who she was known as, it seemed like everyone else was comfortable in their skin. She envied that feeling. That feeling of acceptance within herself? She couldn't get it. She has this hatred with being in second place, which is why she works twice as hard as everyone else to make sure she's #1. She's counting on her dedication to bring her to the finale. As she prepared and trained for the next challenge, she had also been training at expertly avoiding Duncan. As much as she wanted to talk to him, she knew it was a terrible choice. She simply spent her time with friends like Bridgette, Trent, and A few others. Before she knew it, the next challenge was about to start.

"Okay Campers, welcome to your second challenge this summer!! Who's excited?"

Crickets.

"Not cool dudes. I thought you'd be more than stoked to compete here again!" Clear agitation arose in Chris' voice.

Duncan scoffed. "Only thing that makes you stoked is seeing us getting tortured for good ratings. No wonder we hate this place."

Chris' shoulders slumped. "Your telling me there's not one thing you enjoyed during your time here Duncan?"

Duncan looked at Courtney.

As soon as everyone realized what was going on, they all went silent. Trent looked at Courtney with a glint of fear in his eyes.

Her heart raced as Duncan wouldn't look away. Turn around! She screamed in her head. Don't look at me like that! His blue eyes pierced her heart.

At that moment, everyone else disappeared. It was just the two of them. Looking at each other. She felt butterflies at the sight of him. Why was he punishing her like this?

Courtney saw the cameras zoom in on both her and Duncan. She cringed.

A slow grin appeared on Chris' face. "Looks like the bad boy still has a soft spot for the C.I.T, huh?" This comment ruined the moment, something Courtney was both disappointed and grateful for.

After what Courtney felt like was forever, Duncan finally broke eye contact with her and turned around to face Chris. "Shut it." He snipped. "Let's remember what happened last time you messed with me. Does the word 'Cottage' mean anything?" He smirked.

Chris glared at him. "I don't think you want to remember what happened AFTER that incident took place. I recall plenty of officers and jail time."

Duncan rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"Anyways," Chris said, still glaring at Duncan, "Today is a very special day." He turned to the campsite as Chef walked out in a potato sack as clothes. This new sight garnered lots of chuckles and laughs.

"We've all seen those rags to riches stories, haven't we? An old poor low life gets an extravagant makeover." Chris' exclaimed in his hosting voice. "Well, it's your turn to be the fairy godmother now. You need to turn Chef from Peasant to Princess! Wig, Makeup, Outfit, you name it!"

Lindsay and Heather, both on Courtney's team, jumped up in excitement.

"I rock at fashion and makeup!" Lindsay exclaimed.

Heather smirked. "Those Laughing Hyenas are going down. I'm the best with wig styling! They don't stand a chance."

Courtney bit her lip. Once again, the challenge Chris chose was favoring her team. Why was he giving her team this huge advantage? Did he even mean to? At this point, it couldn't be a coincidence.