Chapter four - The Coren Tribe

Ahren, Ahren Forest, Vinet Trail
Elfish Tribes, Coren Tribe
Lizx Tyler's house

"So, what brings you here?" Dorian asks, as Lydia clutches her bleeding arm. "We should get to the Elfish tribes first," she says, noticing Dorian wincing at her words.
"Hm? What's wrong? Is everything okay over there?" she asks.
"Oh, um yea. Don't worry about it."
Lydia gives him a look.
"Fine," he sighs in defeat, "two nights ago we found a Coren tribe Elf dead on Lorreth path. The body was close enough to the tribe to cause a panic, and Lizx already has so much to deal with. The other soldiers think Forren tribe did it, and they're discussing war. Lydia, I don't think any of us can survive a war. There's more children than the last time you visited, and we can't move again." his words sting Lydia's heart.
"Lizx... um, we should get going then. Come on," she walks passed Dorian, Devan and Elara follow closely behind, Dorian walking next to Lydia.
About 30 minutes pass and they make it to the Coren tribe, seeing a bright fire pit surrounded by stones and small children, one of them in his early teens and holding a handmade guitar. They're all colored bright, dark, soft, heavy beautiful colors, the fire making them even more colorful. They all stop what they're doing as Dorian strides in, the children springing from the ground and attacking him with leg hugs. Dorian laughs, and playfully collapses on the ground as they kids laugh and try to pull him back up. Lydia smiles. He's always been great with kids. They all love him. The thought vanishes from her mind as soon as she sees Lizx walking toward them with her arms crossed. "Alright! Alright! Hey, Lizx." Dorian tries to sit up, as one small Elf pushed him back down with a mischievous giggle. Lizx chuckles. "Alright, kiddos, give Dorian a break." the tone in her voice is assertive, but she sounds tired. The children scramble off and return to the campfire, the teen with the guitar continuing the song. Dorian stands up and pats his pockets to be sure none of the kids stole anything, and sure enough, they did. "Hey! Who stole my compass!" the kids laugh, as one light blue skinned and light green eyed Elfish girl walks up defeatedly to Dorian, giving him his compass back. Dorian snatches it back and messes up the girl's hair as she giggles and quickly returns to the fire.
"It's good to see you, Lydia," Lizx says as Dorian ruffles his wings again to try and fight off the pain, and Elara winces as she moves her arm, trying to control the blood, "looks like you had a rough time getting here, though." she smiles, tiredness pulling at her. "It was the Vinets. It was her." Dorian explains, a certain worry in his voice Lydia knows all too well.
"Hm. Lydia, why are you here?"
"Lizx, what's going on here?" Lizx holds her gaze for a few seconds before sighing. "We need to talk."
Annabeth, a light purple skinned and rosey cheeked Elfish girl, like Rosaline, rushes from Lydia, Devan and Elara to the sink. Devan winces as she jumps back, pulling away the cloth soaked in alcohol. "Sorry," she sighs, sadly. "It's alright. I'm alright, keep going," Devan sighs, as she continues.
"Lizx, Dorian told me about the body." Lizx tenses up, pausing as she wraps Lydia's arm with a white bandage. "Yes. Kye. he was about 23. Liked to stay out later at night even though his sister, Gloria worried and wished he didn't. The two lost their parents in the 5th war, and then their little sister in the 6th war." Lydia, Devan and Elara look at Lizx. "soldiers think the Forren tribe was behind this, and though we've had our differences this isn't them. Something else killed Kye, but it wasn't Foren." the Elfish girl finishes wrapping up Elara as quickly walks out of the wood house. "Your turn," Lizx sighs, "why are you here?"
"The Dark Entity is back, and we have to assemble the Sages and defeat it." Lizx shoots the three a worried look. "That might be difficult..."
"Inara. We've been planning to go up there and find out what's going on but everytime we send a group they don't come back and we lose communication." Lydia looks down.
"But we're not 'some group'. We also have Dorian. We'll figure out what's happening up there, I promise." Lizx eyes her, doubtfully. "You know you can't make a promise like that," Lydia smiles, "but I appreciate the thought. Thank you."
"Lydia, I'm tired. Do we have to get right back on the road!" Lydia looks to Lizx. "you can all stay here the night," Lizx chuckles, "You'll have to sleep in my house, since the other houses are quite full. Plus, you're already here."
Lydia thanks her, as Elara takes down her high ponytail and wraps the rubber band around her wrist. Suddenly, a small, light green head pokes out from the hall. "Oh- Fern, it's alright you can come out." Lizx says, the child running to her and staring at Lydia and Devan.
"This is Fern. her parents died not too long ago, and she was found here so I took her in. she's very shy, but she loves books and once she warms up to you, she is very funny and cute."
Lizx shows the four to their room, blankets and pillows for a floor. Fern immediately trudges through and sits herself in the left corner, holding onto a brown teddy bear. Lydia sits in the middle up against the wall. Elara lays down in the bottom left corner, Devan lays in the middle, his wings wrapped tightly around himself, and Dorian curls up in the right corner, being absorbed in the pillows and blankets.
Fern takes out a piece of paper and shows it t o Lydia. "It's you."
The picture is a very good drawing of Lydia and the sages defeating the Dark Entity, the Black Dragon swooping in to set fire to the Dark Entity, turning back to his normal dark purple color by his face.
"Did you draw this?" Lydia asks. Fern nods.
"Wow, thank you-"
"You can't go." Lydia pauses. "Hm? Go where?"
"You can't go. It's too dangerous. I saw it." Lydia pauses.
"Fern, did you see that drawing... in your mind?" Fern nods, fear consuming her eyes. She's an empathic Elf, Lydia thinks.
"Fern, do you know anything about your parents? What tribe they were from?" Fern nods. "Coren and Forren," she says, "I saw my mom and dad smiling down at me. I was very small. Mom was pretty. She was green - like me." Lydia's heart pulls. "Do you have any drawings of your mom or dad?" Fern nods, reaching into the pillowcase and pulling out one, small paper. She holds it for Lydia to see.
Dark blue colored Elfen male dark blue hair and blue eyes. Light green colored Elfin female with lighter green hair and soft pink eyes.
Lydia didn't sleep much. She thought about Fern and her ability. Not many Elves are empathic, and her ability seems very strong, so what is waiting for them up in the Ahren palace? What happened to Inara?