Thoughts keep running

After the team had successfully done orthodontic therapy, the patient was now prepared for the periodontal surgery.

"Everything is cleared. Medical history and routine blood tests cleared." Xyla explained to the team.

The team then explained everything regarding the surgery to the patient. They also made sure that crown lengthening was done as that was also a concern the patient had. After the surgery, there were no post operative pains or infections and healing was uneventful.

Jasmine smiled with relief, "Great job, everyone." 

Matthew added, "Thank you everyone for being patient."

As the patient shared her gratitude and thanks to the team, they still made sure that they would proceed after 6 weeks to make sure there is enough interval for surgical healing. 

"I guess we can call it a day," Eliesha said exhausted, "Maybe we can meet up during our vacant days to spend some time off and possibly discuss what we could do for her restorative procedure."

Andrew agreed, "Yeah. All of us have different schedules so let's make sure we still make time to things important to us."

"We can set up a time to discuss. How does next Sunday sound?" Matthew suggested.

Everyone nodded and agreed to Matthews suggestion. As they parted ways, Jasmine stayed behind to close the clinic and Matthew went to spend some time alone in the nearby mall. Xyla decided that she should check on her book progress with the publishing company she signed up for. Meanwhile, Andrew and Eliesha went to get some dinner together.

"So, how has the week been for you?" Andrew asked Eliesha.

Eliesha replied, "It's been okay. I guess being a dentist isn't so bad after all the years we spent together." 

The both of them continued to chat as they savored the dinner they were having. And as the plates clacked, utensils clinked, and sounds of people talking continued, the thoughts in Eliesha's mind continued to grow. "Do I really love my career? Was I really happy? Or do I only like it because it's familiar?

Andrew took a moment, but then realized that Eliesha was deep in her thoughts. "Hey," as he tapped on the table, "Are you feeling okay?"

Eliesha left her train of thought and answered, "Huh? Oh. I'm sorry, I just-"

"We can leave if you want. I think you might just be needing rest. Maybe you-" Andrew got cut off by Eliesha.

"I'm fine. But yeah, we should head back to our own places. Let's go." As Eliesha stood abruptly, the utensils suddenly fell to the ground. Embarrassed by her actions, she franticly left the restaurant leaving her phone behind. 

Andrew noticed and took the phone to give it back to her. A quick moment after, a notification popped up on Eliesha's phone screen saying, "Your application for the Australian Dental Counsel has been reviewed. You are now eligible to proceed for the written/theoretical examinations. Your application is valid until you are able to pass both the written and practical examinations."

Thoughts started to rush into Andrews mind.