Whatever the future holds

As the team parted ways that night, they still kept in touch via social media.

Matthew made sure to inform them first, " Hey guys! I'm going to leave my current workplace for my mental health and work in a place that would be fulfilling and satisfying."

Jasmine added," That's good for you, Matt! Health is wealth, and mental health is part of that. I'll be going to Germany and would most likely be there for a year, for special training!"

Excited for the both of them, Xyla also shared her news to the group," Quite fascinating, you two! Which reminds me, I'm writing a new book soon and hopefully you guys would be supporting me no matter where you are."

Everyone reacted with joy, "That's great, Xyla!"

Meanwhile, Andrew privately messaged Eliesha saying with a heavy heart, "Hey. About that night, don't worry so much about it. I apologize for asking that abruptly and thank you for saying what you really felt. You've done so much for me these past years and I've never been so blessed with a dental partner that inspired me to work so much."

"It's okay. No harm done." Eliesha replied.

"Just know that, no matter where you are in life, I'll be rooting for you," Andrew sighed, "I know that things have been rough for us back in university and one thing just led to another. You remember my dream back then to open a business, I think I'll do that. Also, I didn't mean to read your notification that night we went out, but congratulations on your first step to a life abroad. I've been praying for you ever since we broke up, but uhm- hey, I wish you the best."

As Eliesha tried to hold her tears from falling down, she couldn't stop as it kept dripping on her phone screen, "I don't know what to say, except thank you. I wish you the best, too."

With all the confusion growing and self-doubt, Eliesha knew that some partnerships were meant to end. She made sure to focus on her career and the dream life she is creating. Farewells aren't meant to be happy, however it is an essential part to growing.

As the months and years passed, Andrew finally pursued his dream course, has a full functioning business, and is working part time as a dentist in his province. Jasmine stayed in Germany after her training and became a licensed dentist there, while Matthew and Xyla are working on an interdisciplinary case as they continue to write Xyla's next book. Eliesha finally became a licensed dentist in Australia, she is currently practicing as a General Dentist in Melbourne.

The world of dentistry is ever-changing and so is the world itself. To succeed in interdisciplinary not only brings happiness to the patient, but to the team as well. Optimal patient care and a holistic approach are not only goals, but crucial factors in achieving a brighter tomorrow. Through an interdisciplinary approach, successful patient treatments can result in patient satisfaction.

Though the stories of the characters have ended, your journey still continues. Interact, collaborate, and join hands with those that wish you well in your journey as a dentist or whatever your career may be. 

Pursue the life you dream and remember to take it all up to God.