Secret

Julia pov:-

What is love?

What is hate?

Love was the emotion that blinded a person to see through a person's facade.

Hate was the emotion that arose in a person when they saw the person's reality.

We blame others for everything but never ourselves for trusting others and never asking why they did it or blocking them from our lives without giving them a chance to explain them.

This was the exact thing that happened to me.

I was eight years old when for the first time my loving sister changed. She out of suddenly became cold, self-centred and egoist. My brother said she was finally showing her true colours.

What true colours?

She was a loving, caring, short-tempered sister who beat anyone who tried to touch me.

So what happened? Why did she change?

As I grew older, I couldn't shake the feeling of betrayal and hurt that my sister's sudden change had caused. I couldn't understand why she had turned her back on me, on us. I tried to talk to her, to understand her reasons, but she shut me out completely.

I felt a mix of emotions - confusion, anger, sadness. I couldn't comprehend how someone I had loved and trusted so deeply could hurt me in such a way. It felt like a piece of my heart had been ripped out, leaving a void that I didn't know how to fill.

"I hate you." These words left me stunned.

Were all those 'I love you' lies?

I found myself questioning the meaning of love. Was it just a fleeting emotion that could easily turn into hate? Was it something that could be taken away as easily as it was given? I struggled to make sense of it all, to come to terms with the fact that someone I had loved so fiercely could now be the source of so much pain.

I didn't understand.

Her sister was not that.

Desiree was not like that.

Just what the thing changed? And how?

All I could recall was that the day before she changed, father had called her in his office.

And then boom! She changed.

Was father behind the sudden change of her?

Once again, I found myself stuck in the middle with no answer.

The brother was unfazed by the sudden change and simply commented, "A whore daughter would be like it."

what about me? We share the same mother. If she could behave that way, why wasn't I?

Something was not right and couldn't figure out what.

But as time passed, I realised she was not my sister. She was someone else.

Whenever their brother called their mother any vulgar names, she used to get infuriated with him and beat him. But when he said mother was a homewrecker she gave no reaction to it.

It surprised my brother too but quickly passed it away saying that Desiree also learnt that her mother was a slut.

After having the realisation, I don't know why but made a good distance from the person who had possessed my sister's body.

I didn't tell anyone about it because of that 'incident'. Only one person knew about it and that was Ciaran.

But he didn't bother to do about it anything. I asked him why but he gave me a very vague answer.