Chapter 4

"Do you really need to go personally? We can just send someone, there are capable mages out there that will move according to your wishes without question. You don't need to put yourself at risk." Nag-aalalang mungkahi nito habang nakasunod sa kausap na mabilis ang mga hakbang. Lumiko ito sa unang likuan at pumasok sa isang kwarto.

An office. Not that huge but not that small either. Just enough space for a table, a swivel chair, sofa set in the darkest shade of violet. A chandelier hanging above the ceiling. On the right side, a book shelf was stuck on the wall from the far end to the other and from the floor up to the ceiling. Most books that are displayed are about magic, all kinds of magic.

Though the forbidden ones are hidden somewhere else.

"I know. Those children are capable," she agreed. Magsasalita na ulit sana ang lalake ngunit agad na dinugtungan nito ang sinasabi niya. "But I must see it for myself. It's the group that I've been chasing for decades and it's the first clear lead that we had after twenty five long years. I won't let them escape this time round."

Nang makita ang determinasyon sa mga mata ng kausap ay hindi na nagsalita pa ang lalake. Hinayaan na lamang niya itong gawin ang nais niya ngunit hindi nito hahayaan na umalis mag-isa. Sasamahan niya ito kung hindi niya mapipigilan.

"Oh my, that's not how you should treat a lady. How rough. How ungentleman." She smirk when she saw how the guy in front of her slit his eyes in anger. Napunta ang tingin nito sa babaeng nkaahandusay, si Juno. Napataas ang kilay nito nang makita kung paano patuloy at walang tigil sa paglabas ang mana sa katawan nito.

She thought for a second that the girl can just stop her mana from leaking uncontrollably than suffer from mana depletion like that. But a sudden realization came to her that maybe she doesn't know how to stop it.

She raise her hand, ice form on her palm and she attack the guy once again. Nang tumalon ang lalake paatras upang iwasan ang atake niya ay mabilis na gumalaw ang babae upang kunin si Juno. Sapilitan nitong sanarhan ang mana na nagwawala sa katawan ni Juno na ikinaayos ng kaunti ng lagay nito.

She immediately created an ice wall to block the guy's attack, even if he tried to attack stealthily, the girl can saw his movements vividly. Because Juno's magic is no longer activated, the guy can now use earth magic once again.

Ginamit niya iyon upang atakehin ang babae ngunit balewala lamang iyon sa kanya. Madali niya lang nasasanga ang mga atake nito. She even thought that maybe, he's just playing around. There's no way that that group's member is this weak.

But she got disappointed when she defeated him with just a few weak strikes.

"Huh? What? That's it?" Kumunot ang noo nito.

"W-who are you, bitch! Argh!" Sinubukan nitong kumawala sa kapangyarihan ng babae ngunit malabo na itong makawala pa. Considering how weak he is.

"What? You're this weak? I can't believe you're part of The Ancient with your joke of a magic." She couldn't help but show how disappointed she is. When the guy heard what she said, his eyes widen in surprised. Tsaka niya lang din napansin ang mukha at pigura ng kalaban.

Maliit at mukhang sampong taong gulang na bata, kulay lilang mga mata at ice magic.

"H-hwag mong sabihing i-ikaw si Merea! The Headmistress of Steelguard Academy and the Ice Witch!" He gasp. Parang ngayon lang din nag-sink in sa kanya kung gaano kalakas ang kaharap niya.

He suddenly shrink in front of her towering presence and wanted to crawl underground to hide or he can just snap dead on his position. He can't believe he's facing that Ice Witch that made his master greatly suffered in the past.