Chapter 8

On the Monday morning , and Ethan was woke up from his slumber by the non stopping beeping of his alarm. He opened his eyes and looked at the alarm , " oh my god , i am late  " he mumbled.

without thinking much he quickly went to the bathroom , he can't miss today's program because they were gonna announce the students who got scholarship today , he also promised to his friends that he would definitely attend the program.

He washed his face, and rushed through his morning routine. After finding a hoodie that Sam and Emma had bought for him during their mall outing, he grabbed a matching pant and quickly got dressed , than he took a small band and tied the hair which has grown down to his neck in a small ponytail

To his relief, all the bruises from the recent incident with Eleanor had already healed faster than he expected , thanks to the medicine Emma had given him few days ago

The whole family was away on a few days tour except him , It's been a while since his father was available to enjoy a vacation with the family , he always felt so sad all those times when the whole family went together on a tour or something without including him but right now it felt like a blessing.

He hurried to collage as he didn't have much to do because of his family's absence , whenever they go out somewhere without him , the maids always remember to make sure that Ethan got his well deserved rest from all the house works ,  especially the Head maid Sarah ,  they were all kind people , who felt sympathy and care towards Ethan , it's also because of them he felt not so suffocating in the house.

He didn't eat breakfast because he was already late , even though the head maid Sarah insisted him to go after eating , she was about to pack him his breakfast but he refused as he rushed outside, she was such a mother hen , she always scolded him for skipping meals , also tried to give foods to Ethan without his stepmother acknowledgment, he was greatful for it .

He ran as fast as he could,  few minutes later he reached the bus stop just in time , to his luck the bus was already there, and was about to depart. He greeted the driver, paid his fare, and found a vacant seat. A sigh of relief escaped him as he sat down on the seat.

Suddenly his phone rang, when he picked up the phone from his pocket he saw it was Sam calling. "Hey, Sam," he said as he answered the call .

"Where are you?" Sam asked.

"I'm on the way, woke up a little late" Ethan replied, tried to make an excuse.

"Well, you should get here fast. The program is about to start, but the guest will be arriving a bit late due to some emergency," Sam explained.

"Okay, I'll try," Ethan replied.

"Okay, bye. See you here," Sam said before ending the call. Ethan put his earphones in and prepared to enjoy some music for the journey. That's when he noticed an elderly lady standing, asking a young girl for a seat.

"Dear, my legs hurt really bad. If it's possible than Could you please give me your seat?" the elderly woman politely asked to the young girl who seems to be wearing a high school uniform .

"I don't think so. I sat here first " The girl replied rudely to the elder women .

Ethan scanned the bus and realized there were no empty seats left. Without hesitation, he got up from his seat and spoke up, "Grandma, you can sit here." He pointed to his seat.

"Are you sure, dear?" the elderly lady asked.

"Yes, please " Ethan replied politely.

"Thank you, young man " she expressed her gratitude.

"No problem" Ethan responded with a smile. He saw the lady slowly take her seat and sighed, feeling like he had done a good deed.

A few minutes later, the bus reached his stop. He bade goodbye to the elderly lady, and as he stepped off the bus, he rushed toward to his college as fast he could.

After arriving at the college, he noticed a bunch of paparazzi gathered outside. There was a buzz of excitement and cameras flashing, there was also a big crowd waiting at the entrance .

Without thinking much he went towards the entrance,  he had almost reached the entrance when the crowd started move. He was caught in the middle of all the  people and struggled to move.

In that commotion, someone pushed him accidentally , causing him to tumble to the ground right at the feet of a stranger who wore a elegant pair of black high heels.

To be continued...

___________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading this chapter

This chapter was kind of rushed so it has mistakes , hope you understand

The next chapter is gonna take a little more because I have exams till Friday so hope you understand

Bye
Be safe , happy and healthy