Chapter 28. Absolution.

It wasn't until two weeks after the pregnancy was discovered that Vicky found an even more incredible fact when she was giving Marion a checkup.

"Guess what?" she blurted.

Marion's eyebrows shot up. "What?"

"You're going to have twins, a boy and girl."

Marion's expression morphed from surprise to concern. "Oh my God!"

Vicky laughed. "You are the one!"

Marion sighed. "Yeah, the one big fool!"

"We have to make sure you get through this pregnancy and deliver them with no problems."

"What could go wrong?"

"A number of things, but your physical condition and youth should make it easy."

Marion felt her belly. "I feel bloated."

Vicky smiled. "You're just at the beginning of this, my dear. You'll eventually look like you swallowed a beach ball."

Marion frowned.

When the rest of the crew learned about Marion's new condition, they were excited about the prospect of her impending delivery. The men were concerned about how the introduction of children would affect their relationship with the women. The women were excited about the fact that children would create a more familiar social situation, something they could equate to.

It wasn't long until Marion was walking around in her maternity dress that the women had fashioned for her. Charles decided to have the ship orbit Earth until Marion delivered. He didn't know how traveling at faster than light could affect that process.

The women were concerned about how the infants could be fed. Would Marion be able to nurse them. No one knew how her biogenetically converted body would work to feed them.

The men were concerned that the introduction of children could present problems that they were not familiar with. Charles was the only male that had to deal with a child, but even he was not sure how children would adjust to living on a space craft.

The women admired Marion's physique when she was in the buff. The obvious enlargement of Marion's breasts indicated that she would be able to nurse them. They were relieved that they were not going through a pregnancy like she was, but they could still imagin themselves in the family way.

The father of the children would not be here to savor his fatherhood. The male crew were concerned that the women would be jealous of Marion's impending motherhood, but it appeared that they were taking it in stride.

The men gathered in Charles' swimming pool to enjoy themselves while the women were busy doting over Marion. They took turns completing competition dives from the high board after which they floated faceup around the pool even though it was freezing cold.

"I wonder how the children will mature in this biogenically altered existence we find ourselves in?" Dave asked.

Before anyone could answer, the men saw three cats come up to the edge of the pool and assume observational postures.

"How do these cats get up to this level?" Ted asked.

"I think the robots help them," Charles said. "The cats seem to be mentally connected to them and can make them do their bidding."

"I wonder what gender they are?"

"They're all females," Carl replied. "At least they aren't going to reproduce."

"How many are there?"

"Seven," Charles replied. "I'm not sure if that's significant."

"Have they exhibited any signs of trying to communicate with us?"

"What do you mean?"

"If they're able to control the robots, why couldn't they control us?"

Charles smiled. "Everyone knows that cats rule the world." His expression became more serious. "If they control the robots, they effectively control us."

"It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the children."

Charles didn't answer. He saw Alice, Vickey and Hilary enter the pool chamber.

"I see that you guys have found a dumb way to goof off," Alice said.

"Everything is running smoothly," Charles replied. "We like to goof off in here."

"That water is freezing cold. I would think you would be suffering."

He pointed to the cats. "They like to see us suffer. It's the way they control us."

The women glanced at the cats before turning back to the men.

"The least you could do is entertain us," Alice said. "We want to see you dive." She held a hand up palm out. "But we want you to run around the pool several times before you dive. That should warm you up."

The obedient men swam to the edge of the pool, climbed out and began running around the pool edge.

The women watched them, along with the cats, run around several times before Alice waved her hand to signal for them to ascend the ladder to the high board to take turns to complete competition dives while the women and cats relaxed to watch the show.

Hilary smiled. "I never expected to be entertained like this. Too bad there's only five of them."'

Vicky chuckled. "Yeah, but they're entertaining enough to make up for that. To be honest, I never expected to see this." She waved her hand in the direction of the high diving board.

Just then, Judy, Beverly, Janice and Betty showed up.

"I was wondering where you were," Judy said.

"I can definitely see why you like this," Betty said while looking at the men diving.

"I'm surprised that they expose themselves like this," Janice said. "They don't seem to exhibit any signs of embarrassment."

"That's because they obey us without question," Vicky said. "The cats control the robots, which in turn, control us, allowing us to control them." She pointed to the men. "I believe it's the perfect kind of dominance over them."

"In other words, it's sneaky," Janice replied.

They giggled.

Dave didn't get his rotation right and caused a heavy splash, causing the women to laugh.

"This is fun!" Judy exclaimed, her eyes beaming amusement.

"And very stimulating." Betty added, licking her lips.

"You got that right!" Hilary replied while messing with her hair.

They giggled.

"They have to be suffering in that cold water," Janice said. "I'm surprised that they would do that just to entertain us."

"I think that they're happy to suffer to entertain us," Betty said. "It shows that they're under our complete control."

The other women agreed with her assessment.

The women had finally attained dominance over the men, but it came with some unexpected problems that they would struggle to reconcile.