Chapter One: Old Friends, New Friends

‡12, July, 1988‡ 2 years later★

I woke up to Kat's alarm clock playing Guns N' Roses Welcome to The Jungle, I groaned "Girls up, up up!" Cherri yelled, i threw a pillow over my head and yelled "Turn that shit off!"
"Lucky you dont share a room with her" Rose yelled. Kat screamed "Its five in the damn morning Cherri!" And started kicking her mattress I heard her yell "Its like shit eating school. Damnit."
I chuckled a little and threw my pillow at the alarm clock, I hit it knocking it off it's post on the nightstand. Me and Kat had bunk beds, I had the top one. Her covers we're black mine was dark purple. "God thank you for breaking that thing!" Kat yelled "Two dollars is so worth it!" She said as I climbed down, when I was at the bottom we looked at each other and just laughed as we went into the kitchen.
Rose was cooking us something, and Cherri was doing whatever she does, we have learned a lot about each other over the last two years.
Rose is from London, she likes cooking but, not as much as music, she has a sister and brother she had to be the mother to. Cherri is creative, and the youngest of us all, she is a only child. Kat has too many siblings, she is second youngest, her favorite bands are Motley Crue, and so many more.
There is a new band I see on tv, Poison.
Its been two years since I have saw them, sometimes I cry, and sometimes I stay strong. I see on the news the first year C.C., Rikki, and Bobby I cried that I let them go. I was so stupid at nineteen. C.C. liked me, but I was so blind to see it. He probably has forgotten me by now. I saw him once and he made his way to talk. But, I was pushed on stage by our manager.
Our manager is Maurice Frouser, or Maury for short. He is a sweet guy, but can be really weird to us. Our place has a balcony where we all sit and talk and mess around, or smoke. I go out there a lot let's say. I have become a smokeaholic. I smoke on stage, and off stage. Its like it takes my worries away.
"Dinner is ready!" Rose yelled, I grinned and beat them all to my plate and groaned "Rose, take my eggs" I said, she smiled "Sorry Kat told me to" I gave Kat a look, she whistled and walked away "If I end up in the hospital because of my allergic reaction, how are you going to play the show tonight?" I asked.
She sighed "Sorry I tried to kill you" she laughed, I smiled and pushed her on the couch as I sat in my recliner. Mine because I always sit in it. I laughed and watched a old mystery movie with the girls while we ate, then Maury barged right on in.
"Maury!" We all four shouted, he held his hands up in surrender "I just came by to say you girls are opening up for Guns N' Roses tonight" Kat jumped up and shrieked "No way!" I groaned and flopped in my chair drinking a coke.
"Yes. I expect you to be ready and in good position to perform we go to the the Troubadour at eight" With that he left, and I went to my bedroom to start getting ready.
"Hold still" Rose said as she did my hair, I sighed "The Troubadour " I whispered.
Last place I ever saw them play, I thought and sunk back into my chair, when she was done I looked in the mirror at my reflection.
Changes were made.
I was pure brown hair with a purple streak, a black The Ramones shirt, purple pants and Black cowboy boots, green eye shadow, black eyeliner, and no lipstick. I don't like wearing it.
"Guns N' Roses should be here in five to pick us up" Cherri said, I rolled my eyes "They are only doing this thinking of one thing" I said, and fluffed my hair more than I should. Kat laughed "Izzy is mine" she called as she went out the door, I rolled my eyes "Of course."
We walked out and I froze seeing a familiar face "Amelia?"
"Slash?" I asked and laughed "Unbelievable. Your in GN'R?" I asked, he nodded and threw down his cigarette he smiled "Yes. Poison made it big too I see" he said, I frowned "Yeah they did" I whispered.
He frowned "Come on girls get in" he said I sat in between Cherri and Kat "Okay now, this is Izzy, Duff, Axl, and Steven, I am Slash." I smiled and shook their hands "Nice to meet you guys."
"How do you know Slash?" Axl asked, Slsh smirked and winked at me "Through Poison."
Lets leave it at that. I also left them Rascal, I rolled my eyes.
We got to the Troubadour and I wanted to run back out, so many people we were opening up for Guns N' Roses,and doing our cover of Rolling Stones Paint it Black I was scared for my life. I hid behind Rose as we made way for stage. All of these people. You can do this Melly.
We got set up and the no owner yelled "Here is Queens of Madness!"

" I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors any more, I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by, dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a newborn baby, it just happens every day

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door I must have it painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the setting sun
My love will laugh with me before the morning comes

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors any more, I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by, dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

Hmm, hmm, hmm,..

I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black

Yeah!

Hmm, hmm, hmm..."
As we finished everyone clapped and whistled, we went to the edge of the stage and
bowed, we raised up and I thought I saw...no can't be ..
"Beers are on me" I said, and escaped into the Crowd. I went to the bar and ordered four beers. I waited patiently on them, and she handed them to me, when I turned around I ran into someone.
When I said beers are on me. I didn't mean it literally, I thought and rolled my eyes I looked up into eyes I knew too well.
"Rikki?!" I whispered/shouted.