Part 8

POV Madeline

        "Still don't believe you?" Jayden asks. He sits down next to me and watches me closely.

        "No.. and we spent the day together and everything. They even helped me with my panic attack, but they still didn't fucking believe me. I mean I don't get it! Why the hell would they help me, and spend the night with me, but the next morning get all assholey and decide they don't want to talk to me! It makes no fucking sense!" I seriously don't get it. I mean sure everything happened with Gabriel and maybe that's why they were nice, but even before he got there, they were so nice and comforting. I don't get why they don't believe me?

         "I swear, they are so stupid. I'm sorry, M. I wish I could help you, but I don't know what to do now." He looks at me sadly, a frown tugging at his lips.

        "It's okay... I'll just deal with it. If they don't believe me and don't want to talk to me that's fine. They can fuck off. We've been friends for forever, and have quite literally told each other every little thing about ourselves. But they don't believe me about this?" I rant breathing heavy. "They fucking suck. It's not even a believable lie. Like it's so fricken fake."

         "I know I get it. They're just stuck in their heads and seem to really believe you did it. They don't want to believe it, but Jade and Ila are literally manipulating them. Every chance they get they bring it up and how awful you are for doing that to them and how they didn't deserve it and that the would never do that to them. Just.. give them time, they're still processing. I'm sure they'll see the truth soon enough." He finishes, smiling sadly at me.

        "Thanks.. let's hope so.." I don't believe it though. I don't think they will ever believe I didn't do it. It hurt them too much, especially because they have awful fucking trust issues. Me betraying them? Worst thing they could imagine. I'm surprised they were even willing to talk to me. 

—————————————————

      "Yup staying home today." I tell my mom. She beams at me and claps excitedly.

     "Good! Dan is coming over, I want to have dinner with you both. And I have some.. news!" She smiles happily and turns around to finish whatever she was doing.

     "Okay.. what news?" I ask her confused. She waves her hand telling me to go upstairs and not to worry about it. I listen to her, and as soon as I'm in my room I close the door and lock it. I hurry over to my bed and grab the board I have hidden under it.

—————————————————-

"Maddy, Dan is here! Get dressed for dinner and come down here." My mom tells me. I shove the board back under my bed and quickly look in my closet for something I can wear. I find a short black that reaches mid-thigh. I grab it and throw it on my bed. Then I look for shoes. I find black heels and throw them on my bed too. I get changed quickly and put the heels on. I put on a few bracelets, a necklace and a few rings. I brush my hair, then put on a bit of makeup. Red lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara.

"Are you done!? You've been up there for forever!" My mom yells from downstairs.

"Sorry! Coming down in a sec." I grab my hand bag and phone, before making my way downstairs.

"You look lovely, sweetie. Doesn't she, babe?" My mother asks Dan. She's wearing a red dress that's shorter than mine, it's very tight and hugs all her curves. She has black heels on, and she curled her hair.

"Yes you look very nice, Madeline." I look towards Dan. He's wearing a tux, like usual, and his dark brown hair is swooped to the right. He looks at me for a few seconds, before turning to my mom and smiling sweetly. Gag.