Part 18

Viktoria could never bring herself to kill children, so while Leena deals with Max, she handles the evidence. She cleans the blood off her knife and disposes of the rubber gloves under a thick layer of trash in the can (Leena has already removed hers in order to have better fine control of the gun.). As she places the knife back in the drawer, she glances out the window. Damn it! Kate came back.

"No! No, no." She watches as her sister drowns, feeling helpless and vulnerable. Kate will most likely be coming after her next. And she must've called the cops. Viktoria checks to ensure Kate and Max are still outside before going back upstairs. Thankfully they are. Kate hasn't had her realization just yet. Ok, she still has time.

She fights back the tears as she puts her disguise back on. Some small part of her knows her relationship with Leena was unhealthy, but that doesn't lessen the pain. As she gathers up Leena's wrappings, false teeth (which she holds in the bandages) and ribbons, she dwells on everything they'd been through. 

By the time they reached the Colemans, they'd had their act down to a science. Endear themselves to a family, plant seeds of mistrust in the relationship, then swoop in and seduce the father when the opportunity presented itself. And though they never succeeded, they genuinely enjoyed trying. Leena enjoyed getting away with her various acts of sabotage and Viktoria enjoyed the masquerade. Sometimes she even let herself forget that Mercy was only a persona. By the time she finally pulled herself out of her reverie, everything was all packed and hidden. (The bandages and such having been hidden at the bottom of the bathroom trash can). As she heard footsteps on the stairs, str stands in front of the window and lets the tears fall.