Chapter III: A Song For A Singer

Mike walked Bella to her next class—chemistry. He talked and talked the entire way, always trying to find a way to talk about how he had no girlfriend yet.

Bella knew he was a nice guy, sweet and funny, but she just wasn't interested in him like that. In fact, she could same the same for Erik.

Entering the classroom, Mike introduces her to their teacher. "Ah! Yes, miss Swan. You can take your seat... there, next to miss Hale", he points at an empty chair.

As Bella looks up at Rosalie—who sat staring at her the entire time since she entered—a gust of wind from the fan behind Bella blows towards the blonde. Instantly, Rosalie's eyes widen.

Her fists clenched, throat and jaw tense, she reaches up and covers her nose with her hands while closing her eyes tight.

Confused, Bella takes a strand of her hair and smells it. Did she smell bad she wondered, yet she couldn't smell any odor on herself.

Walking to the table and sitting herself down, she tries to ignore the absolute death stare being born into her very being by the blonde beside her.

Mister Molina begins the lesson, and Rosalie removes her hand while blinking. Her fists and jaw remained clenched, her eyes totally fixated upon Bella the entirety of the period.

After what seemed like an eternity, the period ends and Rosalie jumps up at the instant sound of the bell dismissing them, racing out of the classroom.

Bella scoffed in disbelief at the rudeness she just experienced. She knows she's awkward and not the best to have as a partner, but Rosalie was dramatic.

She walked out of the classroom and walked straight to the office, only to find Rosalie already there and speaking to the front receptionist.

"There has to be another class. Physics? Biochem?", she hears Rosalie speaking. The receptionist shakes her head, "No, I'm afraid every class is full. Just a minute dear", she says to Bella.

She looks down at her book once more and continues on, "I'm afraid you'll have to stay in biology". As she finishes, Rosalie turns to look at Bella, glaring.

Rosalie's nose scrunches in disgust, smacking her teeth with her tongue, "Fine. I'll just have to endure it", she snaps as she storms out past Bella.

It seemed Bella hadn't needed to speak to the receptionist after all, as she had the same request Rosalie had.

Apologizing to the receptionist, she turned and left as well. "Well, guess we're both enduring it", Bella thought to herself as she walked to her locker to prepare for her next class.

Bella went through the rest of her classes thinking only of the strange blonde girl she encountered today. Even up till she returned home and went to out to dinner.

She talked to Charlie and reunited with some of his friends who remembered her from her childhood, as awkward as it was for her.

Once home, she settled down and headed upstairs to start her homework. During her homework she got a call from her mother, talking about her trip so far.

"Hey baby, so if things go well we might be movin' to Florida— PLEASE INSERT A DOLLAR TWENTY-FIVE FOR AN ADDITIONAL THREE MINUTES", the pay phone cut her mother off.

Bella raised a brow, "Mom, where's your cell?", she asks. Her mother sighs, "Don't laugh... I didn't lose my power cord it ran away, screaming!", her mother jokes.

Unable to help it Bella chuckles at her mother's clumsiness. "I literally repel technology now", Reneé continues with an audible smile.

Feeling homesick, Bella sighs, "I miss you" "Awe baby, I miss you too. But tell me more about school, I wanna hear what that's like", Reneé tries to redirect the talk.