Chapter seventeen (Clock is ticking.)

Y/n's pov

It's been a few weeks since the trade,and my life has been amazing. While i was fighting hero's at night,i was spending time with the crafts at day. It was like i was part of their family now,i had gotten to know them alot after some of the recent events and we've all been inseparable. Especially me and tommy,the amount of pranks we've done were unbelievable,we both acted like children when we're together and lets just say techno and wilbur weren't very happy.

And not only that but me and nick have been on a few dates here and there,and well the amount of secrets i've been getting were unbelievable. I got information on who was going during independence day and what they'll be doing,and a part of me felt guilty for using him after everything his done for me. But sacrifices must be made if we want the hero committee to burn down,even if i do love the man... And I couldn't even lie to myself anymore when i say that i love him,the amount of times that i wanted to tell him the truth but i knew it was too dangerous. I'll tell him when the time is right,maybe i can even try convincing him to leave the hero committee as well.

But as for now the syndicate were on their way to the lair for a meeting with everyone,we are gonna talk about what will happen during the independence day and how things will go.

—————

"Alright now that everyone's here,i'm sure everyone is aware that independence day is in less than a week away. And we're gonna go through how we're gonna get the revival book,since independence day will be happening in the capital of the city. There will be hundreds and thousands of people there,including the heroes and thanks to crystal. We found out that the dream team will be beside the mayor,who will be handling the revival book during the opening ceremony." The crow father informs us,all of us stayed silent while the crow father spoke.

"The other heroes will be disguise and hidden in the crowd in case of any attacks,along with some local police whole will be scattered around probably for any petty crimes and crowd control. Now for the best part,i want jester,lagoon and robot to be on the floor to take care of any police or heroes find any way you can to distract them. While me and siren spawn the wither,and as for blade,warden,kraken,and crystal. You four will be the one to get the revival book,so that means at least three of you will be fighting the dream team while the other gets the revival book. Do you all understand?" The crow father ask,a row of yes's were heard across the table.

"Can i be the one to get the revival book!?" Kraken eagerly ask.

"I don't think it's a good idea to give the revival book to a child." The blade tease,kraken glared at the blade as we all laugh.

"Not to encourage the child but that could be a good idea, with his powers it'll be pretty difficult to get the revival book back. And while kraken takes the revival book,i can escort him out while you guys take care of the heroes." I explain,kraken was grinning at this point and the crow father thought about it for a moment before agreeing.

" I guess that can work,there's a alley way behind the stage that you guys can go through."the crow father suggested,both me and kraken nod in understanding.

"Once we get the revival book,what's your plan?" The jester ask,all eyes turns to him but his composure didn't falter.

"Anything your heart desire,that book has power like no other. Once we get that book the power of life and death will be in our hands,not only that but we can control the whole city with the revival book. Down with the hero committee,and rise a newer version" Even with his mask on,you can still see the sinister look underneath it.

Jester seemed to be satisfied with the answer,sat back and kept his mouth shut for the rest of the meeting.

Out of nowhere my phone vibrated,and i look to see nick sent me a text message.

"Hey y/n wanna hang out after the opening ceremony at independence day?" I read the message,i smile and sent a text back while the others continue to discuss about something.

"Sure! But aren't you guys busy during independence day? I don't want you to get introuble for sneaking out during your shift." I reply back,a moment later the small chat bubble appeared.

"No don't worry about it,if the syndicate's don't attack i can leave early." He informs me,i smirk knowing that we'll definitely attack.

"Alright, if you say so." I sent a short reply,he sends heart eyes emoji and hearts emoji.

I silently giggle,but lagoon seem to have notice and smirk.

"Are you talking to lucifer?" She tease,i quickly cover my phone.

"N-no i was just talking to uhhh bird." I panic,and i internally scream at my pathetic excuse. Lagoon was not convince in the slightest,and leaned forward.

"Oh come on a bird? That's the worst excuse i've ever heard,now tell me. Do you really like lucifer or is this all an 'act'?" She ask,i pout and sigh knowing i can't lie.

" yes i am,but don't tell anyone please. I don't think they'll trust me if they find out I'm actually in love with a hero,and i still wanna go through with the plan. I'm trying not to let my feelings get the best of me." I explain,lagoon nods and zips her mouth.

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone,but have you seen his face yet?" She ask,i bit my tongue and thought about it for a minute.

Do i tell her? What if she tells the other? I can't let them know about lucifer's identity,they'll use that against him and i can't let the happen.

"No...I haven't." I muttered,she seem to believe me and didn't question me anymore.

Not long after the meeting ended and everyone left, i laid on my bed rethinking my decision. I had no idea if what i'm doing is good anymore, I don't want to lose nick or anyone. Because for the first time in my life someone actually cared about me, and if i fuck up i'll not only lose one but a whole bunch of people. And i'm not letting that happen, i don't want to go back to the same cycle of going to the library,go home and become a lonely villain. I knew if i told nick, i'll betray the syndicate and have a target on my back. But not only that but i'll lose my brother and nick for betraying them both, and I'll probably go to jail as well. So for now i'll just stick to the plan of using nick and bring the hero committee, and hopefully make nick switch sides.

Word count:1226