Ruesha littlejohn/Katie Mccabe

I know these two probably broke up a long time ago, but you can't tell me they were the cutest thing in the world
so here is a one shot about them

It was not a nice day for Arsenal, in the match they played against Manchester United, in addition to losing 3-2, Beth was injured in the middle of the match, but despite that and the sad atmosphere that was felt in the locker room , almost all the girls had someone to lean on, except for one, Katie, for her, her entire family was in Ireland and her girlfriend was hours and miles away from her and yes, although she had her friends with her saying comforting words, What Katie wanted most at that moment was a hug from her Rue, but unfortunately she wasn't there and she didn't want to worry her.

So after taking a shower and changing quickly, she left the place, only saying goodbye to some of her companions. She got into her car and drove through the streets in silence, shedding a few tears.

When she arrived at her apartment, she greeted the concierge and took the elevator. When she got to his floor, she noticed that there was light inside. she just thought that she had probably forgotten to turn them off. she took out her keys and opened the door, but when she entered, her nose was full. with an exquisite smell, it was Lasagna, but not just any lasagna, it was Ruesha's

Could it be? No, Rue was supposed to have a game in three more days, she couldn't be at her house, but, maybe, Rue really was at her apartment.

So to find out, she went into the apartment, when two hands covered her eyes, they were soft, and they smelled like lemon, they were Ruesha's.

Katie: Rue?..- she said, turning around to find her favorite blonde.

Ruesha: Hi sweetheart - she said, before she could say anything else, Katie jumped on top of her, wrapping her in a big hug.

Katie couldn't feel safer or happier, after all, it was a hug from her girlfriend that she needed most.

Katie: what..? , what are you doing here? You have a game in a few days, she said, leaning on Rue's chest.

Ruesha: I saw the game today, I knew you would need me, being big or little  - she said, stroking her hair while looking into her eyes.

Katie: Thanks for coming.

Ruesha: I will always come when you need me, I also prepared my exquisite lasagna, do you want to eat? - She said, trying to cheer up the chestnut.

Katie: I want to hug you and never let you go," she said, hugging Rue even tighter.

Ruesha: then I'll have to eat everything by myself? - she said, tickling the youngest's stomach.

Katie: stop, stop-she said, holding back her laughter,

Katie: okay, I think I can eat something- she said as they both walked to the kitchen.

They both walked and sat down to eat in a comfortable silence. When they both finished, Rue removed the plates and put them in the dishwasher.

Katie just looked at her, thinking about how lucky she was to have someone like the blonde, without realizing it her eyes began to close.

Ruesha: Why don't we go lie down, honey? You look tired, she said while hugging Katie from behind.

Katie: That sounds good.

Ruesha: Okay, come on- she said while taking her hand.

They both went up to their room, so while Rue went into the bathroom to clean up, Katie stayed in the room, sitting on the bed, she had completely ignored what happened that day while she was with Rue, but when she left, she couldn't stop thinking. at the game and what happened to Beth, without realizing it, Katie shed some tears, feeling totally guilty.

Rue, who had already finished in the bathroom, saw Katie in bed, staring into space while letting out small sobs.

Ruesha: Hey, hey, honey, what's going on? - She said, sitting next to the chestnut.

Katie didn't say and just snuggled into Rue's chest, which only meant one thing, Katie wanted to be small and although the brunette didn't want to slip, the comfort of Rue's chest while Rue whispered tender things to her was something that her little self totally loved.

Ruesha: It's okay little one, why don't we put on our pajamas and go to sleep, today was a long day, don't you think? - She said, making Katie look her in the eyes.

Katie: "Okay," she responded with a whisper, almost inaudible.

Rue got out of bed and went to the closet to look for some pajamas. When she found one, she looked for a bag at the back of the closet, which had things that were very useful when Katie was little, but right now she only needed her pacifier and her favorite stuffed animal

Ruesha: Okay little one, let's change you into something more comfortable," she said, taking off her pants and shirt to put her pajamas on.

After Katie was changed, she took her to the bathroom to relieve herself and brush her teeth.

When she was ready, Rue took the girl to bed and laid her there, covered her with the sheets, while she walked away to put on her own pajamas.

Katie: don't go, stay please.. -she said with some fear in her voice, the last thing she wanted was for Rue to abandon her too.

Ruesha: Don't worry sweetheart, I'll just go put on my pajamas, I'll be here in less than 5 minutes, okay? - She said, caressing the minor's face, trying to calm her down.

Katie: Okay, but don't delay," she said. When Rue stood up, the brunette followed her with her eyes at all times, making sure she didn't leave.

When the blonde was ready, she lifted the sheet and lay down next to Katie.

Ruesha: Do you want your pacifier, my love? - She said, seeing that Katie was uneasy.

Katie just looked at her, hoping Rue knew her answer.

Ruesha: I need a verbal answer princess

Katie: Yes, please Rue.

Ruesha: Okay little one, here and don't forget honey - she said as she handed her the pacifier and the teddy bear.

Katie: thank you- she said smiling at her, for Rue that was the most beautiful and innocent smile she could have ever seen.

Ruesha: you're welcome little one, now we have to sleep, it was a long day," she said while giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Ruesha: good night, sweetheart, -she said, noticing that Katie was practically asleep.

Sometimes there were bad days but on these days there were also people who could change them in less than five minutes, for Katie this person would undoubtedly always be Ruesha, her girlfriend, her partner and her favorite person in the world.

I couldn't help but feel sad while writing this.

They were the cutest thing in the world,

I'm sorry I'm being corny,

If you have requests that you want me to write, leave them in the comments. 🤍