Fight for Life

Rowan helped Max and Fang open the cages in the underground lab they found. All the experimented animals, kids, and other creatures flooding out of them and following the flock out. 

They were all almost out when Erasers appeared from behind. 

"Crap!" Iggy shouted as Nudge dragged him along, he heard them coming. One of the wolf hybrids was about to take a sipe at him if not for Rowan body slamming it into the wall of the tunnel. 

The wall cracked and Rowan stared to have an idea. 

She turned to see Max and Fang rushing towards her. "Max, get everyone out of here! I'll handle the baggage here." 

Rowan rubbed her hands together, creating what static electricity she could, and once sparks and electricity spread across her body she looked back, smiling.

"Save me some of Iggy's cooking, alright?" 

Max ran faster, trying to reach the red head before anything happened. "Rowan!" 

Rowan blasted the tunnel's ceiling and walls, the rubble blocking the rest of the flock and experiments from the hoard of Erasers. She then turned to a different tunnel and started to run with all the wolf hybrids behind her. 

"Come get me, you dumb mutts!" She raced to the manhole cover and threw it open, climbing out before doing something no other human could do. 

Rowan spread a pair of red shouldered hawk wings from her back. She then took off, flying as fast as she could away from the city. Eventually she was flying over a forest. But there were Erasers still on her tail. 

She made a dive for a lake, but one of the Erasers grabbed her leg. Rowan kicked them in the head, forcing them to let go and leave deep scratches on her calf. 

"Motherfucker!" Rowan was glad Angel, the youngest of the flock, wasn't there. 

Another Eraser soon was flying beside the teen, swiping at her side. The claws hit, bit not leaving a gash deep enough to kill. 

Rowan tucked in her wings more as she aimed for a lake, splashing into the deep part. She watched the wolf hybrids from under the water, covering her mouth and nose so bubbles wouldn't form. 

The pack of dogs soon flew away, back to wherever their master's may be. 

The teen swam to the surface and took in a deep breath, and then swimming as best as she could to shore. She climbed onto the muddy bank and pulled herself the rest of the way onto the grass. 

Rowan was hidden in the reeds, using her hands to try and put pressure on her wounds to help with the bleeding. 

Meanwhile, two brothers, one in green and one in blue, were walking towards the lake. 

"Martin, let's hope there's nocturnal creatures at the lake, because night swimming can be dangerous." The one in green warned his brother. 

The one in blue, or Martin, nudged his brother with his elbow. "Come on, Chris. Think of what we might see. A few raccoons, maybe a wolf or two, perhaps a coyote." 

The two soon reached the lake, but something stood out in the water, it was dark and didn't seem like sediment from the lake. 

"You see that?" Chris took out a small device and turned on its flashlight, pointing the light towards the strange substance. 

It was red. 

It was blood. 

Martin and Chris gained wide eyes at the sight of blood. "Oh no." 

They followed the trail to the cattails and reeds that were on the side of the water, the blood trail was coming from there. 

Martin pushed aside the plants and gasped at what he found, Chris shining the flashlight on the object. 

It was a teenage girl, red hair, and pale skinned. Her eyes were shut as gashes on her stomach and leg bleeding into the water. 

"Chris, contact HQ! Tell Aviva to get the first aid kit ready!" Matin picked the girl up and the two stared running through the woods. 

Chris used the device he had to call this HQ Martin shouted about. "Tortuga! Come In! We have an emergency!" 

In the Tortuga, a massive turtle ship, a Latin woman got up from her hammock and answered the call. "Chris, did you and Martin find another night creature? Can't we talk about it in the morning?" 

Chris shook his head and focused on explaining and running. "No, get the first aid ready! We found an injured girl, and we're bringing her to HQ!" He then hung up and kept running. 

The girl slowly blinked her eyes open and squinted as Martin looked to see she was looking at him. 

"I-Iggy?" Her voice was weak, but her eyes closed a second later. 

Chris and Martin made it to the Tortuga and Aviva was there waiting next to a med bed they had. The woman getting to work on patching the girl up, stitching her leg and stomach. 

Aviva did an X-ray with a screen she had, but there must have been something wrong. 

"That's weird. The X-ray is showing some major abnormalities in her skeletal system, maybe needs some fine tuning." 

The woman then spotted something in the teen's arm. A small chip like device. 

"Bro's, I'm gonna need some privacy. Could one of you get Koki? I'm gonna need help too." 

Martin and Chris did what Aviva asked and got Koki, the African American rushing to help Aviva. The last member of the crew was still sleeping through all this. 

"You think she's gonna be okay, bro?" Chris looked to his brother for some reassurance. 

"I hope so, we'll see how she's doing soon."