Updraft Fun

Rowan went hiking with the bro's later in the day. The three making their way up to a high cliff overlooking the sea. A powerful updraft was blowing tossing the three's hair this way and that. But it made the girl smile as she leapt off and spread her wings. 

The wind caught her as she was raised back up as she laughed. "Come on!" 

Chris and Martin nodded as they activated Peregrin Falcon powers. The brother jumped and spread their own wings as Rowan flipped in the air. 

The salty air felt pleasant as Rowan then dived and then spread her wings shooting up at a fast pace. "You two got any tricks or are you two gonna keep hovering?!" 

"Tricks, huh?!" Martin went first as he spun in the air and then looped around before hovering again, it was impressive. "How's that?!" 

Chris rolled his eyes before diving like Rowan did, but he added a spin to it and when he spread his wings again, he pulled a flip. "Woo!" 

"Old school! Not bad! Try this on for size!" Rowan activated her electric powers before flying up with a spin. And when she stopped her whole body was engulfed in the bolts, and when her wings snapped open a sphere of electricity surrounded her. 

She looked like a living plasma ball. 

"Woah!" The brothers were speechless as they saw the display of light. 

Rowan finished and dove to the ocean before spreading her wings and then spinning on her way up. The wing was so powerful that the water followed her up in a twisting spout. Then when she was high enough, Rowan spread her wings making the water disperse. 

"How do you like them apples!?" 

"I have no words!" Chris was still silent as Martin laughed a bit. "How'd you do that water trick?!" 

"That's a secret!" Rowan then flew out of the draft and started a flight back to the Tortuga, the two following her. "But that was pretty fun!" 

Chris finally snapped out of it and flew next to Rowan. "Still, I've never seen anything like that before! Where'd you learn to do that?!" 

Rowan shrugged and rolled so she was facing him. "Ok, so that was actually my first time doing that trick! The electric sphere I've used before though, helps when you're surrounded!" 

Martin laughed a bit before the three landed in some of the trees, startling a Binturong. The animal was eating some kind of fruit, but it sniffed at Rowan before going back to its food. The animal actually smelled faintly of popcorn. 

"You think the flock got my message?" The winged girl got serious as she folded her wings in a way that made her look small. Shielding herself from some of the world. 

Martin, who was sitting the closest to her placed his wing over hers in comfort, making her stiffen but then relax. "I'm sure they did. They might be relieved to know you're okay." 

Chris nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I know I would be relieved if we were in the same situation." 

This made Rowan feel a little better as her feathers fluffed out a bit. She wasn't cold or anything, but it was comforting, like cuddling a stuffed animal after a nightmare. Or something. 

"Thanks, guys." Rowan then took off again and weaved her way through the branches and leaves. The Kratt bros tried to follow but they had some difficulty. "Try and find patterns in the trees! Use your instincts!" 

Chris figured it out first as he managed to dodge a trunk before hitting it, Martin also found out how to get through the trees as he followed. It was nice as Rowan then barrel rolled through an opening between some twisted branches. 

They soon made it back to the Tortuga and went inside. Jimmy made some lunch that smelled pretty good as the three sat with Koki and Aviva. 

Rowan folded her wings in, so they were hidden, almost like the appendages disappeared. It was a little shocking to see the wings vanish into Rowan's back with a few faint cracking sounds that could only be heard by the girl herself. 

"How do you make your wing disappear like that?" Aviva was the first to ask as she looked at Rowan's now normal looking back. 

Rowan shrugged and took a bit of the sandwich Jimmy gave her. It was PeanutButter and Nutella, aka the Reese cup sandwich. "Uh, I don't really think about it much, mostly because I'm used to it. But my back has these slits near my shoulder blades, so my wings can retract. Kinda like a cat's claws." 

Koki blinked in surprise as Rowan explained it. "Does it hurt?" 

Rowan shook her head. "Not really, feels uncomfortable sometimes because my wings are big and are cramped into a small space. So, if they're retracted for a long period of time, they get stiff. That's why I prefer big hoodies or jackets instead." 

Aviva got back to her food as she listened. "I guess that makes sense. I guess that's why you had them out a lot after you told us about them." 

"Yeah, that and it feels nice to have them out. I'm not really good with words sometimes, so I use my wings to express myself sometimes." 

Lunch went nicely and it was cool just hanging out for a bit. But it was also nice just to be in good company for a while.