Skunked!

Rowan was pretty excited as she and the crew were visiting the Sonoran Desert in North America.  It was hot but not humid, she could handle dry heat pretty well. At this moment, she was flying with Chris and Martin as they were on their Buzz Bikes. 

"Yeeha! This is it, bro, Rowan! Halfpipe canyon!" Chis was pretty excited as they continued to fly. He did a trick on the canyon wall and caught up with a roadrunner. "I'm up to roadrunner speed! 18 mph!" 

Martin zoomed passed his younger brother, catching up with a coyote. "Fast as a coyote, 30 mph!" 

Rowan zipped past both of the bros, shouting in happiness as she did. "What about my speed you slow pokes?!" 

Chis used his creature pod to track her speed. "40 mph! Mountain Lion sprint speed!" 

Martin gasped as he looked over and gave a nervous look. "Uh oh." 

Looking over to where the blue brother was looking, it was a full-grown Mountain Lion. She was sprinting after the three as if they were prey. 

"We're looking a lot like fleeing prey right now, you two." Rowan flew closer to the brothers as they neared the edge of the canyon. "And a 30ft leap is no problem for a Mountain Lion." 

The lion jumped and Rowan grabbed the bros off the bikes and flew fast enough to evade the cat. She held the two by their jackets as she hovered out of the lion's jumping range. 

"Thanks, Rowan." She set them down and stood protectively with her wings spread. 

"Don't thank me yet." A small black and white animal then came out from behind the girl, and it made her somewhat confused. 

The creature, a spotted skunk, didn't seem afraid at what was happening. 

"Oh, hi, Spotted Skunk." The skunk looked to the three people. "Sorry we landed near your home." 

Rowan figured what was going to happen as the Mountain Lion stalked toward the skunk. "And we're sorry we brought her." 

The skunk stomped at the cat, and it seemed the bros knew what was happening. "Oh! The skunk foot stomp warning." 

The winged girl put her feathered limbs away and smirked. "He's tiny but tough." 

Chris agreed as they watched this go down. "A two-pound creature, telling a one-hundred-twenty-pound wild cat to back off. Now that's impressive." 

The skunk then started doing a handstand, showing off the black and white markings on its furry back. "A handstand? Nothing like little gymnastics to ease a tense situation." 

Rowan got her wings back out and flew up just in case this went crazy. Turns out she was right, as the lion went to pounce the predator was sprayed with the skunk's signature stink. 

"Oh, skunked!" 

The Mountain Lion then ran away after getting a whiff of the air. Chris and Martin were excited about the skunk, but as soon as they got a whiff of the stink, they ran off too with Rowan following from the air.

Time Skip:

Rowan landed on the Tortuga's ramp and the bros walked up it. "Oh, finally made it." 

"Yeah, after I had to pull you out of that cactus patch you both ran into." The three were then run over by Aviva and Koki as the two women ran out of the turtle ship. 

They got up and Rowan rubbed her sore shoulder. 

Martin was the first to say something about it. "Painful morning." 

Jimmy then ran out knocking the three over again. This time Chris said something. "Tell me about it." 

"Is this normal for you guys?" Rowan rubbed her neck this time.