vīgintī quattuor

As (Y/n) pulled into the lake home driveway, her eyes widened at the house. The lawn was neatly trimmed and bright green, and the house was sat on a hill that looked down on the lake behind the house. The home itself was spacious from what she'd seen on the website, with a screened-in porch off to the right and easy access to the water. She was able to see a hammock set up in the backyard and a jetski waiting in the lake at the dock, and she didn't realize she was smiling as she parked the car in front of the house. As far as final destinations go, this was one she didn't mind.

(Y/n) stepped out of the car and stretched, but then her eyes spotted a Ring doorbell. She held up a hand at Nightmare, but he already felt her fear so he grabbed Dust's gloved hand with a tentacle as he tried to push open his door. She quickly walked over to stand in front of the doorbell, blocking the camera's view of her vehicle and its occupants. She motioned them to pile out of the car and into the house.

Nightmare paused next to her as the others filed past. "What is it, summoner?"

"This doorbell has a camera on it that the owner can see through," she explained nervously. He made a 'hmm' sound and nodded approvingly.

"Good foresight."

She brightened. "Thanks!"

"Don't forget your bags." Then he walked into the house. She sighed but did as he said since it wasn't like they could help, and once her bags were inside, she explored the house.

The entry room functioned as a game room with polished wood floors, the spacious area filled with darts, ping-pong, and foosball. In the next room was a couch and two armchairs, and a large oak coffee table with plenty of board games and cards spread across it. Up the stairs to the main floor, there was a bathroom immediately at the top of the stairs, and to the right was a door that led to the porch, and to the left was the kitchen. The counters were a tan marble, and all the cupboards were packed with anything a kitchen could possibly need—minus any food. Good thing the grocery store wasn't too far away.

The kitchen was directly connected to the living room with only a dining table in between—no walls at all separating the spaces—and the giant room held a door out to the backyard, where stone steps led to the dock in the lake. There was a firepit (Y/n) could see through the giant glass door, and plenty of lawn chairs as well as the hammock she saw earlier positioned under a large oak tree. If she ever got a chance, she'd love to take a nap in the shade of the tree, or curl up on the hammock with a book. Maybe both.

She smiled to herself as she turned back to the living room. It held an L shaped comfy couch that faced a TV with plenty of movies and an HDMI cord for a console or laptop. The giant room was also directly connected to the hallway that led to the three bedrooms with two beds each. They had fuzzy blankets on top of the sheets, each color coded to the room—blue, red, and green. The bed frames were all hand made with pine wood, and the green and blue bedrooms at either end of the hall could be converted to king size beds by using a C clamp on the bed frames to hold the two twins together. It was kinda genius, and she recalled reading the homeowners were the ones to design the beds on Airbnb.

(Y/n) drug her bags into the leftmost blue bedroom—the master bedroom with its own bathroom—and threw her suitcase into the closet and dropped her bag onto her bed. The room itself was pretty basic, with clocks on each bed stand and extra pillows in the closet, but the focus was supposed to be on the lake and not the interior design.

"Are you settled?" (Y/n) jumped in place as Nightmare appeared behind her, and as she tried to turn to face him, her legs got caught between him and the bed, and she nearly fell onto the mattress. A tentacle wrapped around her waist and pulled her back upright, which just so happened to be into his chest, and suddenly she was inches away from his face. Her eyes widened and her face exploded with color, and he rose a browbone amusedly.