Chapter 1

----------
LOCATION: Castle Residence
Time: 6:34 a.m
DAY: 23 May 2015
----------

Today was very hectic to say the least in the Castle loft. Alexis; Daughter to Rick Castle was grumpy, as usual she didn't like getting up in the morning. Her dad usually made cheesy jokes to try and make her laugh but, it did not work, at least not today. Today, her favorite person was going on a 'book tour' for 2 whole weeks. Sure Alexis can take 2 days 4 at the least, but 14 whole days without her daddy? She wasn't sure that she could survive.

"Daddy, pwease stop making me fweel better, I'm going to miss you." Alexis says with her thumb in her mouth peeking out of the covers so only her dad would see her eyes listening to her dad rambling.

"Pumpkin, I talked to the new babysitter on the phone she should be here in about 30 minutes, I am going to miss you too, but if you keep holding up then I'm going to miss my flight and then I'll have to stay for a whole extra week, you don't want that do you?" Sure Rick wouldn't have to stay for an extra week, he just wanted to get Alexis out of the bed.

"Otay Daddy." Alexis says getting up from her bed.

Alexis did not want another babysitter because of what happened with the other one, so just because her dad was leaving that wasn't the whole reason why she was not very eager to get out of her bed, the other babysitter only wanted her father for his money, she would not treat Alexis well at all.

A/N: I know this chapter is short, but the reason being that this is just a description chapter, the events letting in the story.