Chapter 4

___________________

LOCATION: Kate Beckett's Residence 

Time: 12:00 a.m. (night-time)

Day: September 7, 2015

____________________

Some days had past since Kate had left the Castle loft, and she has been feeling up and down about going back into working for Rick. 

She has not tried to contact him, and Josh is coming back home from his parents' house.

She was sitting in her car listening to music and thinking about what had happened.

Kate Beckett has lately been having a lot on her mind. 

Her relationship with Josh Davidson is going great, however, she is feeling guilty about thinking about Rick in an unprofessional manner. 

She was so upset about how he just left Alexis with a total stranger for 2 whole months. 

Kate would never do anything to harm Alexis, but if it would have been anyone else that was crazy, it would have been a different story. 

She is just ready to see her boyfriend and possibly have some pillow talk.  

Just as she was finishing her thoughts, Josh was walking in the door. 

Kate had already taken a shower, and was laying in the bed in a big white t-shirt.

She hears the door open.

"Josh? Josh!" Kate says hopping out of the bed placing kisses all over him as he does the same to her.

"I've missed you so much baby girl." Josh says quietly in her ear.

"I missed you too." Kate says 

They talk a little about how his trip went, and he gets into the shower and lays down in the bed next to Kate.

"Baby girl, what's wrong? You look stressed out." Josh says rubbing his hands in Kate's head.

"It's my babysitting job. This man that I work for is named Rick, and he has a three year old daughter that he just basically abandoned, I know that he is a great father, but the way he just left.."

"What do you mean he just left? Talk to me." Josh said

"He said that he was going to leave for about 2 weeks, and apparently that's the longest him and his daughter have been apart, and then 2 weeks turns into 2 months. 

The little girl was heartbroken, she was having nightmares, and her dad was not there to seek comfort for her." Kate says with tears in her eyes.

"Well, Kate you cannot just get in the middle of what's going on between them. That's not your place." Josh says

"I guess it's just hurtful because of what my dad did when my mom died, 

he basically just abandoned me, and when I needed him he wasn't there." Kate says full blown crying now. 

Josh holds her for the rest of the night until they fall asleep.