Chapter Four: The Next Day

"If someone hands you a crying baby do you, A) Curse it B) Lock it in a tower C) Give it a bottle or D) Carve out it's heart?" Fairy Godmother asked the next morning in their Remedial Goodness class 101. Evie's hand shot up "Yes, Evie?" Fairy Godmother asked "What was the second one again?" "Oh, well. No... Hadley?" Fairy Godmother said "Carve out it's heart?" she suggested "Um, okay. Anyone else? Mal?" the brunette asked hoping Mal would get it right like all the others "C) give it a bottle." Mal stated not looking up from her desk where she was drawing the magic wand "Correct. Again." Fairy Godmother hummed "You are on fire, girl." Carlos noted "Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun." Mal told them "Oh." Carlos thought "Ah." Evie nodded "That makes so much sence." then a girl with a short brunette bob came in and squealed nervously as she passed them. "Hello, dear one." Fairy Godmother greated her daughter "Hi." she said nervously "You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation." Jane said giving her mother a clipboard as she watched the Villain Kids worriedly "Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane." Fairy Godmother commented as Mal nudged Evie who nudged Hadley "Mom, no!" Jane warned "It's okay. Jane, this is everyone." "Hi," she started nervously as she started to walk out of the room "That's okay, don't mind me, as you were." and she ran off.

Godmother cleared her throat "Let's continue." she said moving back to her chalkboard "Okay, you find a vial of poison do you, A) Put it in the king's wine B) Paint it on an apple" Evie nudged Mal and Hadley who smiled and giggled with her "or C) Turn it into the proper authorities?" everyone's hands went up, except Mal's. Jay pulled Carlos' hand down trying to get called on and he was "Jay." Godmother pointed "C. Turn it into the proper authorities." "I was gonna say that." Carlos slapped his arm "Yeah, well, I said it first!" Fairy Godmother tried to get their attention but failed and the two started fighting "Come here! Come on, who said it first? Who said it first?" Jay said as he pinned Carlos on their shared desk. "Boys. Boys." Godmother asked for their attention, Mal rolled her eyes and Evie was ignoring it while fixing her lipstick and Hadley continued observing Fairy Godmother "Boys!" and they where looking at her "I'm gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field." she instructed "Oh, no. That's okay." Jay said as he and Carlos got back in their seats "Whatever that is, we'll pass." Carlos added but Godmother wasn't having it and later they were training on the tourney field.

"Jay, Ben, offense." the couch called after whistling his whistle "Chad, you're offence. Taylor, you're the shooter." "Right, coach!" 'Taylor' called "Hey. Hey! Hey, you. Lost boy!" Couch called for Carlos' attention "Put your helmet on and get out of the kill zone." "Kill zone?" Carlos asked as he moved over while putting on his helmet. Apparently playing tourney was easy if you were Jay, he creamed 'em and by that I mean everyone, he didn't care who was on his team he was playing to win even though this was a just practice, he ran through the kill zone like it was nothing but for Carlos on the other hand, well he stunk, Jay even used him as a jumping board "Jay, wait it's me. Carlos." he tried to stop his friend as he threw his bat at him "No, no, no, no. No!" he used his shield to duck down and then Jay jumped on him before scoring a goal. "You! Get over here!" the couch blew his whistle again "What do you call that?" he asked as the team started circling him "I call that raw talent." Coach answered his own question "Come find me later. I'll show you something you've never seen before. It's called a rule book." he chuckled "Welcome to the team, son." he caught sight of Carlos and asked "You ever thought about band?" "I'll work with him coach." Ben offered "All right," Couch sighed "Let's run that again." he blew the whistle and everyone started off except Jay and Chad Charming son of Prince Charming and Cinderella who just kinda stared for a moment before Jay shoved Chad while walking by "Ow." Chad mumbled holding his arm from the pain after Jay passed.

Audrey laughed at Chad's joke as they walked into the hallway that afternoon "I know. I know." Chad laughed as they ran into Ben. They both stopped laughing as they noticed the VK's behind them Chad tapped Ben and said "Those kids are trouble." "Bey, Mal." Evie said "See ya'." Hadley waved as they walked away "Bye." Mal murmured as she closed her locker that had the same graffiti on it as the wall she was painting on the isle "Come on Chad. Give them a chance." Ben asked and Audrey scoffed, moving her sunglasses to the top of her head and grabbed Ben's hands "No offense, Bennybear, you're just too trusting. Look I know your mom fell in love with a big nasty beast who turned out to be a prince. But with my mom the evil fairy was just the evil fairy. Her mother." she whispered that last part and tilted her head in the direction of Mal.

"I think you're wrong about them." Ben stood his ground and smiled, Audrey sighed and moved her sunglasses back down "See you later." Ben told them as he walked away Audrey too left and Chad followed the upset brunette. Mal closed her locker and saw Ben there "Hey." he greeted "Hey," she said awkwardly "How was your first day?" Ben asked "Super." Mal clicked her tongue "You should really think about taking this talent off the locker and into an art class." he noted "I could uh, sign you up. What do you think?" Jane passed them and whimpered as she did so "Way to take all the fun out of it, huh?" Mal scrunched up her nose and walked away "Huh?" Ben said moving and heading out.

Mal found Jane in the bathroom where she greeted her "Hi." Jane looked shocked and turned around nervously "It's Jane, right? Ah, I always loved that name. Jane." she giggled "That's cool." Jane mumbled and started to leave "Don't go!" Mal yelled "I mean, I was kind'a hoping to make a friend. You probably have all the friends you need though, huh." "Hardly." Jane said getting a little more confidence "Really?" Mal asked "I mean, your mom's Fairy Godmother and headmistress. And not to mention your own... um, personality." she laughed unable to come up with a positive way to describe her "I'd rather be pretty. You've got great hair." Mal had an idea "You know what? I have just the thing for that." she pulled out her spell book and read "'Beware foreswear replace the old with brand new hair.'" simple as that Jane had long curly hair other than her short strait bob "You almost don't notice your other features anymore." Mal said as they looked in the mirror "Do my nose." Jane requested "Oh, I can't. I've been practicing but y'know, I can't do really big magic. Not like your mom with her wand. I mean one swoosh with that thing and you could probably have whatever features you want." "She doesn't use the wand anymore." Jane told her "She believes real magic is in books. And not the spellbooks, regular books with history and stuff." Mal scoffed "What a rip. You know she used magic on Cinderella and she wasn't her real daughter. Doesn't she love you?" "Well, of course she does. It's... It's you know touph love. 'Work on the inside, not the outside.' You know that sort of thi-" "That's the face!" Mal interupted "Yeah, and then just look as if your heart is about to break." she paused getting into charector "'Oh Mother, I just don't understand why you can't make me beautifull, too.'" "Think it could work?" Jane asked "Yeah," Mal laughed " I mean that's what old Cindy did, right? And your mom bibbidi-bobbidi-booed the living daylights out if her." Mal and Jane laughed "And, hey, if your mom does decide to, y'know, break out the old wand, invite me." "If I can convince, Mom. You're so there." Jane told her as she started to leave "Bye." "Yay." Mal clapped her hands "Bye." she waved her fingers as Jane left.