Chapter Seven: R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

The five VKs where in the kitchen reading out of Mal's spell book getting the ingredients as Mal called them out "Okay, it says that we need a tear, and I never cry." she said mixing the ingredients "Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos said picking up the vegetable and threw it at them witch hit Hadley "Hey!" she hissed holding her head "No!" Mal ordered "It says a tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best reviews so we need to follow it exactly." "A tears a tear..." Jay rolled his hand around at Mal's orders "That's not true, Jay, they both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie explained dropping her dumb girl act for just a moment "Listen to you..." Mal hummed "Yeah, I knew that." Jay lied and Carlos hit him on the arm while saying "Did not." "Yeah I did." Jay told him off, still lying.

The door to the kitchen opened revealing Lonnie "There you are, Mal! I was looking for you." she said coming in and Mal hid her spellbook as everyone tried to play cool "Y'know all the girls want you to do their hair!" the girls laughed nervously "Midnight snack, huh? Whatcha guys making?" "Nothing special. Just cookies." Mal told Lonnie as she dipped her finger in the batter and licked it as they yelled for her to stop and moved trying to stop her and whinced as she licked the cookie dough "Don't worry. I'm not going to double dip." "Feel anything?" Hadley asked "Like, affection, or attraction, or love..?" Evie added "Or it's missing something?" Mal asked trying to stop Evie and Hadley from getting them exposed before Jay came up to her and said "Hey, there." she clicked her tongue and scrunched up her nose "Could use some chips." she told them going over to the fridge "Chips?" Jay asked as the girls sighed in relief "And those would be..?" Mal asked "Choclate chips. Just the most important food group." she set them on the towel and grabbed a handful before asking "Wait, didn't your mom's ever make you guys, like, chocalte chip cookies?" she sprinkled them in and continued "Like when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven with a big glass of milk and she just makes you laugh and smile and know everything's gonna be just fine..." she stopped as she noticed there sad faces and looks of disappointment "Why are looking at me like that?" she asked "It's just different where we're from." Mal said mixing the batter some more "Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... even villians love there kids." she felt bad for saying it like that as if they never heard there parents say that "Oh," she murmered looking around them "How awfull..." she grabbed Mal's hand as a tear of human sadness fell down her cheek. Mal looked up and saw Lonnie's tear and gasped, quickly she grabbed it and plopped it into the batter "Yeah, yeah. Real bummer but we have to get these in the oven, but thank you so much for coming by. Really, really, have a great night." Mal rushed Lonnie out and pushed all the sadness she felt a moment ago away "Good night, Evil dreams." she waved "Good night." she said "See you tomorrow." Hadley added as they went back to plotting "Okay, boys, cookie sheet. E oven." "Yes ma'am." Evie said as she walked over, Hadley behind her holding the bowl of batter.

The next day Audrey walked Ben past the hallway noticing girls with long beautifull hair talking and laughing. They all greeted Mal as she went to her locker, Jay leaning on the lockers next to her "Are you feeling kinda weird about this?" he asked "I mean it's not so bad here, y'know." "Are you insane?" Mal asked "Long Live Evil!" she told him trying to knock some sense into him "You're mean, you're awful. You're bad news! Snap out of it." she snapped at him, Jay sighed "Thanks, Mal. I needed that." they both laughed as Jay walked away and Mal closed her locker both waiting for Ben and Audrey to shut up so they could give him the love potion cookie.

"Do you think they actually paid for those?" Audrey asked "Oh, hello." Jay greeted the giggling girls who ran up to him "The names, Jay. You all going to the tourney game tonight?" "Yeah!" all the girls recited "Keep a look out for number eight. Scoring the winning goal." "Okay!" all the girls called. "She did it to Jane's hair too and Fairy Godmother is not happy about it." Audrey told her boyfriend "What's the harm?" Ben shrugged "It's gateway magic!" she lectured "Sure it starts with the hair, then it's the legs, and the lips, and the clothes. Then everyone looks good and where will I be?" "Listen Audrey." Ben started "I will see you at the game after my dress fitting for the coronation, okay?" she asked "Okay." Ben told her "Bye, Bennyboo." Audrey smiled kissing his cheek and walked away.