𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 ─ 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗕𝗘𝗖𝗞𝗢𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚

"Somi."

A deep and velvety voice breathed in her ear, causing the girl in question to flinch and cover said ear while turning around to check whether someone had entered the room without her noticing. No one was there, so she focused her attention back on Jongho, who had copied the girl's action.

"Are you okay?" He inquired.

The girl nodded and resumed the speech that had been filling the cold room for the past minutes. "The four billions... I'm afraid that's the price for your silence since he locked you here. He couldn't care less about your good intentions. He only craved fame and money." She murmured disheartened, and Jongho couldn't be more convinced.

He tightened his lips into a thin line. "I'm getting more and more certain that I will never see the light again." And he stepped to the desk with his head down.

"Don't say it." The girl reprimanded him, reaching his steps in the blink of an eye. "The boys never stopped looking for you, Tsuki too. They won't give up now." She searched for his eyes and, when they finally caught their eyes, she added "But we need you to stay positive."

"Somi."

The same voice from before called her, this time, the tone dripped with urgency and it appeared to be closer than the first call. The woman flinched once again, the way that voice managed to caress her skin like a feather on the delicate spot made her skin cover with goosebumps all over the right side of her body. Jongho stared at her as if she had four heads.

"I trust all of you." The man whispered. "My life is in your hands, Somi." He subsequently pronounced, looking straight into her brown orbs with glassy eyes. Suddenly, all of his certainties were dramatically crumbling in front of him, as the steady rising of the possibility that he might never get out of there was becoming more and more tangible.

Somi's emotions were being affected by Jongho's, her eyes immediately started to burn and tears threatened to pour down her cheeks. "What you've done is truly amazing, Jongho. Don't lose your self-confidence because of an asshole." And she brushed his shoulder with her hand. "Also, did Tsuki tell you?"

The man giggled sheepishly. "Yes, she informed me about your talent and... Well, you were so close, I couldn't resist I had to carry out my studies. With hindsight, I would've just minded my business, though."

"Don't say it." She scolded him with a sigh. "Once you leave here, you'll find someone who will recognize your efforts."

"Somi!"

The same voice from a little before was crying her name with desperation and, although she wished to be able to reach out to whoever was calling her to assure she was alright and get back to Jongho the second after. Only after her sight began to lose focus did she start to comprehend the rush and hurry of the person behind that voice. As if it wasn't enough, a sharp pain stabbed her temple, making her close her eye on the affected side and press her wrist on that patch of skin to alleviate the pain. That could only mean one thing.

"Jongho," She uttered, "I don't have much time left into this vision." The mentioned male thrust his eyes open and the honey-like colour of his skin drained as if being sucked away to leave room for a paler colour, tending almost to a grey undertone.

"What should we do?" He panicked, heading straight to the desk covered with papers and notebooks that probably contained his notes related to his creation.

The pain in Somi's head had evolved unbearable, to the point where, in her left eye, a dark spot prevented her from seeing clearly, making her feel as if she was staring directly into the dark hole.