Part IX

They arrived at the venue, and it suddenly all felt real.

Uki took a deep breath before she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Hah, you okay?" Nada said, taking her hand and rubbing the top of her palm with his thumb.

"Yeah, it's just... I don't know... I don't know how to feel, I've never done anything like this and I've never felt this feeling." She said, a tinge of excitement in her voice.

"I get that, it's gonna be fun, I know it." Nada smiled as he opened his car door and went to hold the door for her. She took his hand as she got out of the car and smiled.

They walked into the venue the school had rented out for the night and music was already playing.

Nada chuckled, "When marimba rhythms start to play, dance with me, make me sway..." He sang quietly along to the music.

Most of the people were already there, just hanging around as music played. The hall wasn't massive, but still impressive. There were tables and a bar and all the things a prom venue would hold. There was also a nice outdoor area that was pretty quiet and nice for fresh air. A couple benches and tables were all.

She laughed too and they met up with their friends.

"Hi, guys." Nada said to greet them all.

"Oh hey! Are you gonna get a drink?" Lithu asked, holding her drink.

"I mean, yeah, sure, do you want one?" Nada asked Uki.

"Sure." She replied. "I'll just get punch, is it alright if I stay here?"

"Yeah of course, I'll be right back." Nada said, going to get the drinks.

They were chatting and laughing, just being friends and celebrating the near end of their school year. The music was rather loud and a tad bit sensory overload, but she submitted herself to this, so it didn't stress her out too much.

Nada came back with his brother and his brother's partner, "Here you go." Nada said, handing Uki's drink to her.

"Привет, сестра." Russia greeted her as he put his elbow on her shoulder to annoy her.

"Росія!" She exclaimed, pushing his arm away, he laughed.

A couple people went off to dance and Uki noticed how happy all the couples looked as they were dancing. Uki wasn't sure if she would actually like to dance, because she feared it would be awkward or embarrassing. She was nervous, to say the least. She knew how to waltz, but she just had a feeling she would mess up anyway.

Nada was thinking about it. He figured they should, since it was now or never, and what else were they going to do there?

Estonia came up to Uki, "Are you gonna dance?" she asked.

"Uh, maybe, I won't if he doesn't want to." Uki said, sounding less nervous than she was.

"Oh come on, what do you think we're here for?" Estonia chuckled quietly and nudged Uki's arm with her elbow.

"Yeah..." She sighed and faked a smile.

Nada appeared once again as Estonia left, and almost as if on cue, he asked for a dance.

"Uki, would you mind?" He said, offering his hand.

There was a short and tense silence, she laughed softly, this time feeling genuine excitement and adrenaline.

As she took his hand, Nada's heart fluttered and he smiled. He pulled her into a waltz, and miraculously, neither of them stumbled, Uki's heart was racing.