Edge of Answers

, POV: Adlynn

The guys start rehearsing and it doesn't take long for Alex to go hard core mode on the drums. he completely ignores Luke and Reggies guitars and just plays really loudly. it gets so intense that Reg and Luke just stop playing in general. Finally, Alex realizes.

"Alex, you alright?" Luke asks. "yeah... yeah. yeah, why?" Alex says, acting dumb. "I know it's tough, man. people say you never forget your first ghost. maybe thats true. but... I'm sure there will be others." Reggie says, trying to make Alex feel better. "yeah. thanks, Reg."

"I agree. Alex, you're a great guy and a great drummer." I say, smiling at him softly. "yeah, I wouldn't let all that stuff get in between you and what you love." Luke says. "I don't know, man. sometimes a little fire can make things better on stage. like you and Julie." Reggie says.

I get upset but I cant say I didn't see it too. Alex looks at me, he knows I like Luke, it wasn't a secret because "how painfully obvious it is", Alex tends to say. "uh, wha... what is that supposed to mean?" Luke asks, seeming a little nervous. "Come on. Everyone can see the way you look at her when you sing. you guys ooze chemistry." Reggie says.

"Never say "ooze" again." Alex says. "Yeah, I agree with Reg." I say, I see Lukes face fall a bit, like he didn't want me to agree. "ok, no. I have chemistry with everyone that I sing with." Luke says, taking his guitar off. we all look at each other, not believing him. "Seriously, watch. uhm... I believe, I believe that we're just one dream, away from who we're meant to be, that we're standing on the edge of... Great" Luke sings, getting really close to Reggies face, even holding him close by the back of his neck.

"wow, I see chemistry." Alex says, sarcastic. that makes me burst out laughing. I lean into Alex's shoulder, trying not to fall down from laughing. "that was pretty hot." Reggie says with a voice crack.

Luke kisses his fingers then presses his fingers against Reggies lips, making me laugh more. Reggie clears his throat. "girls. am I right?" Reggie says, trying to distract him from that weird interaction. I stop laughing. "what the fuck, Reggie?" I say, playfully slapping him on the arm. "yeah" "no." The guys start playing again and I sit back and watch.

Time Skip

People started to arrive at Julie's house. I was up in Julie's room, helping her get ready as Flynn was downstairs djing. "so, you excited?" I ask. "yeah, but what if I mess up? what if I stutter? what if-" Julie starts. "shut up. you'll do great, I know it. I've been watching you rehearse all day and it sounds perfect. I mean, it would be better with some of my amazing dj skills but I guess it okay." I say, joking, obviously.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about that. I'm sorry if you feel like I just replaced you in the band, I know you'll probably say something like, "its fine, I don't even care" but I do, okay? I shouldn't have done that without your permission, it was wrong of me." Julie says.

"you did nothing wrong, Julie. I cant say who's in the band and who's not. I was never a big part of it anyways, if we did go to the orpheum then half the people probably wouldn't even know my name. especially since I was in a band with a bunch of hot guys." I explain. Flynn calls us down and tells us we have 5 minutes.

"whats up, everybody. time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. here's the new anthem of Julie and the Phantoms." Flynn says over the microphone. Two boys open up the studio doors and Julie is standing in the entrance. Julie walks over to the piano as everyone applauds and cheers. "thanks for coming, everyone." Julie says in the microphone.