🌸Chapter Three: "MOTH!"🌸

I am SO sorry I completely forgot about this for a lil there 😭😭

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\

"What's in that box?"

I point to a brown box on Tanjiros back, excitement brewing within me knowing that that was Nezuko in there. It's so hard to not just bust open the box and give her a hug, gosh darn it! AAA-

"Oh, this? It's——-"  

It seemed he was about to answer my question, but gets cut off by more stupid wailing from french fry.

"It's not fair!~! Wahh, why does tanjiro get to talk to pretty women!! What about meeee~!" He whines, his expression was pretty absurd right now with snot flowing down his face, along with heavy waves of tears almost creating a puddle. Hell, I don't know why he doesn't have water breathing at this point considering how much is flowing freely down his face. 'Third form, cry me a river!'

Tanjiro was flailing his leg in the air desperately trying to get the snot nosed gremlin boy off of him, and after a second or two of struggling, he gives up again. Zenitsu was still clinging to his leg like it was a body pillow. (I'm sure he would know the feeling 😬)

I deadpan. It was clear that this crazy boy was getting on my nerves.

"Zenitsu, come on...—-" I was trying to help pry him off, only to realize that I wasn't supposed to know his name.

shiiiiiiit.

Tanjiro stares at me, confused.

"...how—?" 

"AHAHAH look at that pretty bird! So pretty, right? Hahah....hah." I frantically try and make an excuse, only to come up with this shit. Did I lose brain cells when coming here too? Great. Just, great..

I felt a bit bad for interrupting Tanjiro again, he was probably bewildered at the fact I knew that. Should I pretend I'm a psychic? Maybe I could earn some money from unsuspecting bystanders.. who knows. 

He turns his head to look at the bird, that was just soo gorgeous that I needed to interrupt our conversation for.

..it was a plain sparrow.

"Uh, hahah.. yes.. very pretty." He says, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. It seemed he didn't have the heart to tell me that it was just a plain bird. I could practically feel the waves of confusion and suspicion coming off of him.. this is so embarrassing. What the hell, self?

(⬆️ foreshadowing? Who knows.. 🫢😏)

Tanjiro raises his eyebrow, and then shrugs and seems to drop it.

"Well, um, anyway.. would you like to join us? I don't mean to be rude, but, um.. your clothes aren't exactly in the best shape. You could accompany us until there's a town, what do you say?" Tanjiro says, his soft smile gracing his features once again. 

My face flashes in embarrassment for a moment at his choice of words.. I really did  look homeless. But hey, at least I can spend time with them, right? 

"Oh, really? You would.. let me? I would love to, actually! Thanks!" 

A grin spreads across my face as I say this, nodding my head.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't questioned me more.. or is this a trap to lead me to some sort of  hospital lmfao

...

..lmfao. 

ー〜ー

➖-〜༄ 、-➖

And just like that, the four of us were off on an adventure. Where? Absolutely no clue. I forgot what happened here in the show since I watched the anime off a fucking reaction channel and the person wouldn't stop yapping at this part. Safe to say, I was a little distracted. Don't worry though, my spectacular moral compass eventually lead me to just watching it on a pirated site instead.

We were currently just walking down a dusty dirt path, olive-green trees cascading overhead, leaving a crack in the middle of light like a ravine. The light seeped through the cracks and created a scene I just itched to take a picture of and paint, the overgrown ferns and leaves rustling with mother nature's soft dewy breath.

I was walking pretty close next to Tanjiro, a little worried with the rustling I hear from the bushes nearby as I wishfully convinced myself it was merely the wind. Or a lizard. I dunno, anything but snakes. Zenitsu and Inosuke stayed a few feet behind as they argued about whether the thing that flew by them was a moth or a butterfly. Zenitsu was absolutely sold that it was a butterfly, even bringing up statistics of how butterflies can look like moths sometimes because blah blah blah.. while Inosuke just kept yelling "MOTH!" Every time he brought up a point.

It... was a dragonfly.

But they don't need to know that.

——

I snap from my thoughts as I feel something gently tug at my sleeve. I didn't even realize I was just staring at the sky absentmindedly as I walked. It was a little odd how I could just go on autopilot like that; God bless the people who had to deal with me zoning out during conversations and just going 'yeah' 'uhuh'

But enough with my non-verbal mind tangents, what in the world was that?

I glance to the side, seeing a petite hand peeking out of Tanjiros wooden box. A bit of a dark brown sleeve flowed out the bottom of the cracked door, peeking out and tussling with the wind gently. A wide pink eye stares back at me through the crack, and I almost squealed.

'Nezuko.....!' I whisper under my breath

Tanjiro felt the rustling from the little box and he reached a hand behind him to close it again, smiling sheepishly. Zenitsu raised an eyebrow and paused mid argument about the butterfly, staring at the back of my head for a second as he shook his head.

/-/-/-//-//—//-/-/-//-//-/-///-//-//-//-/-//—/-/-/-/-/-/-//-/-/-//-//-//-/—-/-//—///-

AAAA

this is rushed I'm sorry sjjssj

I forgot abt this for a second and just wanted to get a chapter out 😭 I'll write a good one next time (hopefully🫰)