Verdict and Property; P1C5

As the jury became a flurry of whispers once again, Harley heard many tidbits of sentences that let him know the majority of the jury agreed with his testimony. Even Draco Malfoy had agreed with him, explaining to the others what Harley had explained to him earlier in the Rejuvenation Chamber. It seemed that their rivalry had disappeared into thin air as soon as the rejuvenation began.

Once the Judge banged the gavel once again, he called out for a raise of hands of who wanted to only expose Dumbledore publicly. No one raised their hands. Another time, the gavel was banged and the jury was asked for a raise of hands, this time for those who only wanted a fine to be administered. No one raised their hands.

Finally, The judge asked for a raise of hands for who wanted to publicly expose him and fine him, then assist in a proper trial against the old man. Every single person in the jury raised their hands, won over by the speaking skills of one Harley Adonis Riddle.

As the jury came to their verdict, the case was adjourned with a single promise from the judge that the Gringott's legal counsel would begin the process of exposing Dumbledore through Skeeter.

Just as Harley and his friends were about to leave, Firesword pulled Harley away from the crowd for a split second.

"Mr. Riddle, If I may make a suggestion..." Harley nodded, letting the goblin continue, "You're mother owned a building at the end of Diagon Alley. She never opened it, but she was in the process of building something there before her untimely demise. The building has been left to you in her will. Here." Firesword explained, handing Harley an old, crumpled piece of paper. "I would suggest using the building to your own benefit. It can serve as both business and housing for you or your friends."

Taking the piece of paper, he thanked the goblin gratefully and rejoined his friends who waited for him just beside the door to leave.

"What was that about?" Ron asked.

"Don't worry about it, Rusty." Harley said casually, causing the group to giggle.

"Where did Rusty come from?" Ron asked indignantly as they were lead back up to the main entrance.

"Come on, Ron. Red hair, and your patronus is a Jack Russel Terrier?" Elvira butted in.

"Shut it, Minxie." Ron shot back.

"Minx is a derogatory term, Ron!" Elvira complained.

"Like Rusty is any better!"

"Yours has meaning! I am not a minx."

"Minx also means otter. I thought you'd know that, Minxie."

"Of course I knew that. Out of all other things to call Otters, why Minx?"

"Well, you're smart and you use that to your advantage. You know you're pretty and you know how to use it as a weapon." Ron told her confidently.

Awkward glances were shot at them from Riordan and Harley. They all knew what was happening.

"You think I'm pretty?" Elvira asked with a blush on her cheeks. Before Ron, who was becoming red as rust, had a chance to splutter out a rude reply, Harley interjected.

"Okay, Let's calm down. Ron is Rusty, El is Minxie. Any issues?"

"I have an issue." Riordan said. "I didnt get a nickname."

"That's easy. You're Prairie." Elvira told him.

"Prairie isn't offensive." Riordan told her as if it wasn't plain to see.

"Prairie because you can't cast a corporeal patronus, indicating you don't have a 'spirit animal' and because your like plants." Elvira explained.

"Ouch, bringing up my lack of patronus, sis?" Riordan asked, making everyone laughed.

"What's my nickname?" Harley asked.

"Fang." Riordan told him immediately.

"Fang." Harley repeated.

"You're a vampire, a parselmouth, a descendant of Slytherin, got bit by a basilisk before, have fangs." Riordan listed.

Harley smiled. "That fits me well, doesn't it?"

They all laughed lightly, stepping out of Gringotts only to be met face to face with Luna.

"Moonblue!" The entire group exclaimed in unison.

"Moon for my name which is moon in latin and blue for my eyes and house, right?" Luna asked, although she likely already knew.

They smiled at her before letting her come to stand beside the rest of the group.

"I have something to you show you guys." Harley told them, signalling for them to follow him.

Without an ounce of hesitation, they watched as Harley opened a folded paper, a map, from his pocket. It was a map of diagon alley with a building at the very end of the street circled, right between Ollivander's and The Junk Shop.

"What is it?" Ron asked, staring at the map.

"It's a building my mom owned. She left it to me. Apparently It can serve as income and housing. I want to check it out since it's still early in the day." Harley replied as he lead them down the street, the building they were walking to already visible in the distance.

A beautiful cobblestone and wrought iron fence surrounded a gothic cobblestone castle and a large beautiful garden with gothic gazebos and statues surrounding the area. A large ogival arch is what opened up the garden to the outside world, the space at the top just wide and open enough for a sign or title.

An ornate double wrought iron gate closed off the property, which was locked with a strange looking lock, some random scribbles drawn on it. Scribbles that Harley recognized as Parseltongue.

It said 'Day or night, our blood thrives.'

"Day or night, our blood thrives." Harley spoke out in parseltongue as he held the lock, watching as it clicked open. He removed the lock from the chain that held the two gates together before he pushed them open and allowed himself and the group inside.

They walked past beautiful, magically-maintained hedges and old greek statues as well as the gothic gazebos of the garden before walking into the castle.

The entire first floor was large and open, red velvet and black themed with balconies from the second floor looking out onto the area. It resembled a sort of club, even with a bar in the corner. A hidden staircase led up to the second floor to create access to the balconies. A locked pair of double doors, opened with a magic blood key that appeared in Harley's hand due to the blood he shared with the owner, revealed a giant black marble staircase that brought them up to the third floor and higher, the private floors of the castle, which was essentially just a regular home.

The best part was, Harley already had plans for this little place.