6

luke.
..
Let me make it clear that spending 6 hours on a charter bus with the kids from your church is not fun. Especially if all you want to do is hold your boyfriend's hand, but you can't because the school badass Michael Clifford keeps giving you dirty looks for even sitting beside your secret boyfriend.
When we finally arrive at the hotel in New York, Ashton and I claim the room farthest from the youth pastor, Jenny's, room. We ride up the elevator together with, ironically, Cindy and Bryana. As soon as we reach the fifth floor Ashton and I bolt down the hall to our room. The door opens and we walk inside to take in our home for the next ten days. There are two twin beds, a small couch across from a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. There's a desk by the window and a TV sitting between the two beds on the opposite wall.

"So which bed are we going to use for storage?" Ashton laughs.

"The one closer to the door." I smile, dropping my two bags on the bed that would traditionally be for only one of us. I kick off my shoes and grab the remote before plopping down on the bed closest to the window. Which, by the way, has a balcony and a stunning view of New York City. As I am flipping through the channels, Ashton comes over and lays across me on my stomach causing me to laugh and poke his cheek.

"What do you want to do tonight? Jenny said it would be a free for all for dinner. Maybe we could go on a date." Ashton says, drawing out the 'a' in date.

"A fancy date?" I ask.

"What other kind of first date do you think I would take you on? Jesus, your faith in me must be very small."

"No, I just need to know what to wear. If we're still going?"

"Would my Lukey like that?" Ashton asks, his smiling face only inches from mine now.

"Yes, Lukey would." I grin, kissing Ashton quickly before rummaging through my bag for the fanciest clothes I can find.

-

After spending three hours showering and getting dressed, Ashton and I are ready to go on our date. I am wearing a nice, button up, red and black plaid shirt with black skinny jeans and my Vans. Ashton is wearing a grey on black, plaid button up shirt with black skinny jeans, his boots and his glasses. We walk down the hall and tell Jenny that we're going out. She tells us to be back by eleven and we board the elevator. When we get to the lobby we walk outside and go to the curb where Ashton hails a cab. When we get in the cab Ashton leans up and whispers the name of the place we're going to the driver.

"It's a secret?" I laugh as Ashton leans back and laces his hand into mine.

"Um, yea, duh." He says, mocking a typical fifteen year old girl. I roll my eyes and look out of the window as we drive past tall buildings that are lit from head to toe. I've never seen a place more beautiful than New York City. Well, maybe the lake. The lake is pretty beautiful in my opinion.

Within fifteen minutes we're at a restaurant called La Lanterna di Vittorio. The cab comes to a stop and Ashton and I get out and walk into the restaurant. As soon as we walk in we're seated at a table for two in an area that looks like an outdoor garden. We're left with two menus so Ashton and I look over them for a few minutes quietly while A Drop In The Ocean plays softly in the background. When I put the menu down I see Ashton looking at me and I blush.

"What are you looking at?" I chuckle.

"My beautiful boyfriend." Ashton smiles, lacing his fingers through mine on the table. Just then a waitress comes over to our table and smiles widely.

"Hi, I'm Steph. I'll be your waitress this evening. Would you like to order?"

"Yes, I want to get the spaghetti and a water to drink." Ashton says simply.

"I'll have the same." I chuckle, not realizing Ash and I wanted the same thing. Steph nods and walks back to the kitchen, leaving Ashton and I alone.

"So what all are we going to be doing in New York?" I ask.

"I think we're going to Central Park tomorrow. I'm not really sure." Ashton answers.

"I'm really just looking forward to the end of the trip." I smile, winking at Ashton. He laughs just as our food is set down in front of us. Immediately we both begin eating quietly, listening to the music playing softly in the background.

After we finish eating we go to the front of the restaurant to pay for our dinner. Well, Ashton pays and I am shunned from ever paying for anything ever again. We then walk out into the cool city air and begin walking down the sidewalk. As we walk Ashton slides his hand into mine and for once I don't pull away, and it feels amazing. It feels amazing to walk down the sidewalk holding the hand of the boy I love. It feels amazing to not be afraid to go out to dinner with him. It feels amazing to be in love. And all I want to do at this moment is show Ashton just how much I love him.

"Come on let's get back to the hotel." I whisper to Ashton, placing a soft kiss on his neck.

"We still hav-"

"Come on." I interrupt, giving Ashton a sly look. He nods and we hail a taxi as my stomach fills with butterflies.