10

luke.
..
"What is this?! I am calling your families! You're going home this instant! Disgraceful! And on a church trip, too!" I hear a woman yelling. I open my eyes to see Ashton kneeling on the floor crying as Jenny storms out of our room. I get up and go to hold Ashton, instantly feeling his body shaking sobs.

"What happened?" I whisper.

"Jenny found us sleeping together. Obviously naked because neither of us got dressed last night." Ashton sobs. As soon as the words leave his mouth I become frozen. My mind is swirling with the words Jenny yelled. My body is numb as Ashton sobs into my ridged shoulder.

Everyone knows we're gay. Jenny knows. Everyone on this trip knows. Our parents and brothers and sisters know.

They're going to murder us. As an entire town they're going to murder us and no one will ever know about it. My mom will be the person to kick the chair from under my feet causing my neck to be snapped, instant death. Ashton's mom will do the same to him as his siblings watch and smile at their brothers demise.

"Luke!" Ashton yells, shaking my tense body. I look up to him with an expressionless face.

"Yes?"

"We have to pack." Ashton pulls me to my feet and we begin packing our things. I throw on a pair of jeans and one of Ashton's large shirts before sliding my feet into my slip on Vans. Ashton dresses in a forest green button up and black jeans with some boots. He pulls his long hair into a messy man bun as I tug on a beanie.

"We're going to be okay." I mumble to Ashton as he wipes tears off his face. I tilt his chin so he is looking at me and I swear I physically feel my heart-break when I see the whites of his eyes are nearly solid red. I can't help but pull him into me so I can try to kiss the pain away. Fuck everyone else. The love of my life is crying and I have to fix it.

"Luke. Don't." Ashton says, pulling away. I sigh and kiss his forehead before grabbing my things and walking out the door. I go to stand by Jenny's room to await my demise. Ashton comes over a few minutes later and slides his hand into mine. I offer him a shy smile just as Michael and Calum walk over to us with Bryana and Cindy attached to their hips.

"So the faggots got caught naked in bed together? I knew there was something off about you two losers. You know, it's really disgusting what you two are." Michael says.

"Yea, you're both abominations. You don't even deserve to be alive. I honestly hope someone murders you." Calum agrees. The girls roll their eyes just as the group walks off. Ashton squeezes my hand as I exhale deeply.

"Well, a cab will be taking you two queers to the airport where you'll get on a plane back home. Your parents both know about you arriving home early and they both know what for." Jenny says before slamming the door to her hotel room. Ashton and I walk to the elevator where we ride down alone. When we get to the lobby we walk out to the sidewalk where a cab is waiting for us. I help Ashton put our bags in the trunk before we get into the cab.

No one says anything for the entire ride to the airport. Once we get there Ashton and I quickly get our bags out of the trunk before rushing to baggage check. We go through that quickly then board our plane. I sit down near the window and Ashton sits directly beside me. I lean my head onto his shoulder and lace my fingers through his.

"What are we going to do?" Ashton asks.

"I don't know.  I wish I did know so we wouldn't have to worry, but there is no telling what our parents will do." I say. I feel Ashton's body shake and I look up to him to see him crying once again. I reach up and wipe his tears away, kissing his cheek.

"You should have seen her face, Lukey. She was red with anger. Her hands were shaking. And when I stood up it only got worse. She started throwing clothes at me, yelling about how we're disgusting and vile. I couldn't do anything but cry."