20

luke.
..
Ashton has been gone all morning. I was left with specific instructions to get dressed, so here I am getting dressed at nine in the morning on a Saturday.

I walk downstairs and find a sticky note on the fridge that reads please go to the florist. There is something there for you.

"What the hell, Ash?" I mumble to myself as I grab my phone and a bottle of apple juice. I walk out of the apartment and head down the sidewalk of the little town towards the florist shop. When I get there I'm greeted by a young girl with a large smile on her face.

"Are you Luke?" She asks. I nod and she runs over to me to give me an envelope and a small bouquet of rainbow roses. She winks to me before I walk out of the shop and open the envelope. There's a note from Ashton inside that says now that you have some flowers, head to Starbucks.

I put the note back into the envelope and walk to the Starbucks a few blocks down. When I walk in, I'm greeted instantly with a caramel frappichino and a rainbow cake pop. I take the gifts from the man as well as another envelope before walking outside. The next envelope has a note in it that says now my baby is fed and has had coffee, head down to the little boutique on front street.

"What is with him?" I laugh to myself. However, I walk down to front street and into a french boutique.

"Luke?" A lady says smiling. I nod and instantly she takes my flowers and coffee for me before shoving me into a dressing room and tossing some clothes at me. I pull off the sweats and a sweater I'm wearing in exchange for the black skinny jeans and black and grey plaid flannel. I then tug on my Vans before walking out of the dressing room. One lady takes me previous outfit as another tackles my hair. Once I'm done, I walk over to the mirror and check myself out.

"Good taste, Ash." I mumble to myself. I walk back to the front of the store and retrieve my flowers, coffee and next envelope. I open it and read Ashton's scratchy writing. Now, I have you looking good, head down to the little dock in the park. Love you, Lukey.

I wave goodbye to the ladies and begin walking to the park. It's only a couple blocks over so it doesn't take me very long.

When I get to the dock I can't help but smile like a fool. Ashton is standing on the dock in a nice outfit. There's a little rowboat sitting beside the dock that has a picnic basket sitting in the middle of it.

"Ashton!" I smile going to hug my beautiful boyfriend. He hugs me back tightly and places a kiss on my forehead.

"Do you like it?" He asks shyly.

"I love it, baby." I assure him.

"Well let's get rowing." He chuckles. We walk down the dock and Ashton climbs into the boat before helping me down. I sit at one end while Ashton sits across from me and begins rowing out into the water. I watch Ashton row for a good fifteen minutes before he comes to a stop in the middle of the lake.

"You know, you're really beautiful." I say.

"So are you." Ashton grins, opening the picnic basket. And little to my surprise, Ashton pulls out two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I chuckle softly and take one from his extended hand.

"How did you get all this done?" I ask as we eat our lunch.

"I had help from a few people." He smirks. I only laugh and watch nature float past us. When we finish our lunch, Ashton begins playing All Of Me by John Legend on his phone.

"I wish we could dance." I laugh as Ashton's singing voice fills my ears. I admire his every feature as he sings. The way the sun makes his hazel eyes sparkle. The way his long fingers are entwined with each others as he concentrates on the lyrics of the song. The way his lips look so soft and utterly kissable. Everything about him is perfect and he's all mine.

"There's one more present I want to give you." Ashton says when he finishes the song.

"Ashton, you don't need to give me anything else." I argue. He shakes me off as he pulls two rainbow bracelets out of his pocket and I swear I feel my heart crack.

"W-where did you find those? They look just like ours."

"They are ours. I stole them off Mr. Jenkins' desk when I went to get our files." Ashton explains. I take my bracelet from him and slip it onto my wrist before blowing him a kiss. He catches it and places it against his chest. We then begin rowing back to the dock. By the time we get there it's dusk.

"There's another surprise for you." Ashton smiles as I lace our fingers together.

"You spoil me too much." I say as Ashton leads me through the park. We walk in the dark a little ways before I see a gazebo that's light brightly with fairy lights and candles. Come Away With Me by Norah Jones begins playing from some unknown source and Ashton turns to me with a cheeky smile.

"May I have this dance?" He asks formally. I nod and take his hand as I set my flowers down. We walk under the gazebo and begin dancing slowly to the pace of the soft song.

"You're too perfect for me, you know that?" I say to Ashton.

"I think it's the other way around." He argues. I shake my head and kiss him softly. We stop dancing as we fold our lips over each others slowly. I pull Ashton closer to me and deepen the kiss.

"I love you." Ashton says, pulling away from the kiss, "I honestly love you more than anything in the world, Luke. I couldn't live without you. You're my everything."

"I feel the same way about you. I'd die if I didn't have you." Ashton kisses me again for a while before we pull away from each other.

"Let's take this home." He says. I nod and we walk out of the gazebo. Ashton grabs my flowers and we walk to his car outside the park. We get in and Ashton drives back to the house in about five minutes. When we walk into the building, we get on the elevator instantly and begin kissing once again, but this time it's more heated.

When the elevator comes to a stop Ashton walks me out of the elevator without breaking our kiss. He pushes me against the door and that's when I hear it.

"Ash, stop wait." I say, pushing him away from the door.

"What is it baby?" He asks, concern filling his voice.

"I swear to god I just heard Michael."

"Michael Clifford?"

"Yea. It sounded like he wasn't alone either."

"Luke I think you're being over dramatic. No one except mum knows where we live."

"Told you the fags are home. Hide, Calum." I hear Michael say. This time Ashton hears him, too.