17

ashton.

..

Luke and I get back home around midnight. I don't want to wake him up so I go to his side of the car and pick him up bridal style. As I walk to the door mum opens it and gives me a warm smile. I carry Luke upstairs and lay him in bed before walking back to the living room.

"Did you boys find a place you like?" Mum asks, sitting beside me on the couch.

"Yea, it's really great. We're going to move in tomorrow since it's Saturday and we'll take care of all our school things as well."

"I'm so proud of you guys." Mum smiles, "I know you two weren't having the best time at school and all. To see you wanting better for yourself it makes mr happy." I smile as I curl into a ball on her lap like I did when I was little.

I really can't wait to move in and have a fresh start with Luke. A new life that we get to decide what happens. We're going to be happy and together, just like we dreamed.

"Ashy?" I hear Luke's sleepy voice say. I sit up and see him standing behind the couch.

"What are you doing up?" I ask as I go around the couch.

"I want you to come to bed." He says with a pouty face. Mom walks past us, giving us a kiss each before going off to bed.

"Alright, come on baby." I lace my fingers between Lukes and we walk up the stairs. When we get to my room, Luke rolls back into his side of the bed. I kick off my shoes before crawling in beside him. Instantly he curls into my side and I chuckle.

"Love you, Ashy." Luke mumbles against my chest.

"I love you, to baby." I kiss his forehead and close my eyes to fall asleep.

-

When I wake up the next morning Luke is running around the bedroom tossing everything into duffel bags and suitcases.

"Babe, come on! We're moving today!" He shouts, jumping on the bed so he's standing directly above me. I slap the back of his knees so he plops down onto my chest.

"Ash, we have no time!" Luke laughs.

"I just want a kiss." I say, poking my lips out. Luke barely brushes his lips against mine.

"Another." I beg. He kisses me again and I give him a cheeky smile.

"Another one."

"Ashton, come on now." Luke says, trying to sound stern. I ignore him and kiss him again. He doesn't protest as our lips move together slowly.

"Come on, Ash. I love you, too, but can't we save that for the house?" Luke says, pulling away.

"I guess so." I say in a mockingly sad voice. Luke rolls his eyes and goes back to packing everything up. I get up and pull on a pair of sweat pants and a plain black shirt with a grey hoodie. I slide my feet into a pair of flip flops before grabbing my keys and walking downstairs.

"I'm going to sort out the school stuff, mom." I call as I walk out the door. I get into my car and drive down the road to the school. There's only a few cars here including the principles. I park right near the entrance and walk inside directly to the office.

"What do you want?" Mr. Jenkins asks when he sees me.

"I need to get mine and Luke's files. We're moving." I state coldly. Mr. Jenkins nods and we walk into his office. The first thing I notice is the two rainbow bracelets sitting on his desk. I take them while his back is turned and stuff them into my pocket.