Leaves

June
Illinois
12/23/26
The cops passed me running after the guy who saved me. I didn't know what he wanted me to do, but besides the bugs crawling up my pant leg, I didn't see a reason to get up. I stayed still as possible.

I guess I had time to process everything until he got back. I was just taking Holly for a walk, but then there was the sirens, and I thought it was no big deal, and then I saw the car smoking, and then it crashed, and they got out and took me hostage so they could make it out here.

I don't know a lot about normal, but all of that happening within 10 minutes doesn't sound very normal.

All I know for sure is that they have Holly, and until I get her back, I'm not going anywhere. I don't care how much of a pain she is to take care of, I still love her, and I'm not letting her go, especially not like this.

I'm scared, sure, but I don't think they'll hurt her, well at least I don't think the hispanic one will, the other one "Aslan" I didn't know about him, he scared me.
I definitely didn't trust him. The yells of cops got quieter, but I did hear someone walking close, so I stayed still not wanting to get caught.

They got closer and closer, and then they removed my disguise. Thankfully, it was just the one who saved me. He offered me a hand up.
"Sorry about the leaves, had to get away from them somehow."

He pulled me up and gestured for me to follow him.
"Gotta meet up with Aslan. Hopefully, he sticks to the plan and doesn't get caught."

We speed walked over where Aslan went, getting closer and closer to the cops. I knew they were standing still because their voices weren't moving.
We moved in closer as he looked out where the cops were.

He cursed under his breath, meaning yes, Aslan did get caught. It didn't surprise me, but it did stress me out. He had Holly after all.

"Alright... God... I need you to do something for me."
He pointed over to an area behind the cops.
"Run, and remember the trick I showed you, I'll take the cops who stay back and save that moron and your kid, then I want you to meet back over here. It's a longshot, but it's all we got. Are you ready?"

I didn't see any other choice than to nod and agree. Right now, it was do or die, and I'd rather not die.