Chapter Three - Interviews

Samus crossed her arms over her chest and sat back in her chair, waiting for the reporters to set up the camera. Being that she wasn't going into battle anytime soon, she wore a blue hoodie overtop a black T-shirt that was a few sizes too large and baggy jeans. Hey, a girl can't wear skintight clothes all the time.

"Okay, we're rolling" the camera operator said.

"Alright" the reporter said "now we just have to wait for the show to start". Samus knew that everyone else would be watching the interview in the other room, something that wasn't particularly encouraging.

Soon the camera was rolling and the reporter was flooding Samus with questions.

"Samus Aron, the famous bounty hunter. How does it feel to be back in the tournament?"

"Like a breath of fresh air. As someone who is constantly on my own, it's nice to come back and see everyone for a week before getting to fight some of the strongest people in existence."

"Are there any rivals you look forward to the chance of pulverizing?"

"Not particularly, I don't tend to hold grudges"

"There have been rumors of a tag team tourney, what are your thoughts on that? Is there anyone you would partner up with?"

"I definitely think The Announcer will come up with something new this year. As for a partner, I would probably team up with Pikachu."

"One last question, are there any newcomers you've got an eye on?"

"Snake, he looks pretty tough, and he could easily take me out if he uses those explosives right"

"Thank you for your time"

"No problem" Samus replied, walking out of the room. The crowd of brawlers stood waiting for her outside.

"Who's next?" She asked. Mario wordlessly brushed past her. With that, she picked a seat to watch the red veteran's interview.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Luigi down sat nervously in the interview room. "Luigi, the Green Thunder" said the interviewer "How does it feel to be back in the tournament?"

"W-well it feels pretty good, I always enjoy seeing everyone"

"Now, Luigi, you always score so high in preliminaries, but do so poorly in the tournament. Why is this?"

"Well, I-I don't fight as well when I'm in the stadium, I don't know why"

"Are there any rivals you look forward to the chance of pulverizing?"

"N-not really"

"There have been rumors of a tag team tourney, what are your thoughts on that? Is there anyone you would partner up with?"

"I don't know anything about the rumor, but I would probably team up with my older brother

"One last question, are there any newcomers you've got an eye on?"

"I feel they all have a lot of potential"

"Thank you for your time"

"Oh, y-your welcome"

With that, Luigi wordlessly scampered out of the room.

Link watched Luigi half walk, half flee the interview room. He let out a sigh. "Guess I'm up" he said.

"Good luck" Ike said.

"Have fun" Pit added.

"Thanks guys" Link replied, headed into the room.
Link had introduced Pit to Ike and Marth last night, likewise they had introduced another rookie named Roy to Link. The five of them got along great, but Pit and Roy still seemed a little shy. That wasn't the same when Pit was alone with Link, however. Pit seemed to have really taken a liking to the Hylian.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Link sighed as he sat down in the chair, arms folded over his chest.