Chapter 17 - The Ball

Enjoy
______________________________________

"Are you sure you can go?"
Nightmare asked.

Right now, they were getting ready to leave for the party, standing in front of the castle.

"Yes, I'll be okay."
Cross raised a hand and gently cupped the tallers' cheek.
"I-I'm really sorry about earlier."

Nightmare hummed, carefully taking the smallers' hand from his face and guiding it to place a gentle kiss on the back of his hand.

"Don't be sorry, darling."
He pulled the other closer and touched foreheads.
"There's nothing to be sorry about."

Cross blushed mauve.
But a thought still lingered.

'Will I be able to keep him if he found out....'

                             ••••

Finally, after nearly two hours. They've arrived at the very well-known palace of Venice.

It was here where most celebrations and united kingdoms would come yearly.

Cross stared in awe. It was beautiful. It looked amazing, and the grass was rich green. The palace itself was a snow white color, almost like it never had a spec of dirt.

Nightmare chuckled, finding his reaction amusing as he helped his partner walk out of the carriage.

There were others arriving aswell, they weren't royals, of course, but they came from the kingdoms.

He assumed the royals from the six kingdoms were inside or have yet to arrive.

Snapping out of his thoughts when Nightmare held his hand.

"Let's go, sweetheart."

They walked inside, but they didn't take the normal entrance like the other people and monsters. They took another entrance made for royals specifically.

Immediately, he saw the royals already present, three of which walked up to them.

"Your Majesty."
One wearing all black spoke, a deep voice. Another wearing white with pixels on one of his eyes bowed his head and repeated the verse.

They all greeted each other the same.

"It's been a while, old pal. How are you holding up?"
The one with black spoke.

"Same as everyday but with alittle more entertainment."
Nightmare placed a hand on Cross' shoulder, teasing the other.

The three perked up at this.

The one with blue tear marks on his face spoke soon after.
"Oh? Is this your spouse?"

Nightmare nodded at the question.

"Apologies for not introducing ourselves, I'm Geno."
The one in white spoke.

"Reaper, your Majesty."

"Error, it's a pleasure."

Holy crap, it wasn't a dream. Not when he had 3 of the most strongest infront of him.

"I-Im Cross, Pleasure to meet you all."

"Cross? First born and son of X?"
Error questioned.
"Gosh Nightmare, a Siedith? Look who scored."

Nightmare rolled his eye, but other than that, he did nothing. He was used to this.
Cross chuckled, a bit embarrassed.

"How did you manage get such a catch? I thought X was strict with his rules."
Reaper spoke. Geno, too, rolled his eye, he knew Reaper was doing it to irritate the dark Lord.

'Right, they don't know...'

Nightmare merely pulled Cross closer by the waist, Cross stayed quiet.

"You could say I got lucky."

The smaller blushed a deep purple again.

Until he saw something in the distance.

He recognized it, or rather HIM.

X. He was here. He seemed to be talking to those around him, Cross grew nervous, gripping his shirt.

'Dont panic, don't panic, don't panic!'

Must to his dismay, X had noticed him and they made eye contact.

X narrowed his eyes, the smaller had his soul in his throat. He couldn't look away.

But he felt someone grab his hand.

He swiftly looked in the direction of the owner.

Geno?

"C'mon, to the buffet table. I have much to talk about with you!"

Nightmare didn't seem to mind and gave a nod in his direction.

So the Oreo agreed.
"O-okay!"