5)

Toni POV

"Taty you almost ready?" Me and taty was out going to run errands. Janet left early this morning to do I don't know what actually.

"Here I Come" It's been a little over a week since we found out taty was actually mine and everyone was so happy especially my mom she can't shut up about it she call everyday just to ask what taty doing so the first thing we doing today is buying her a phone, But she don't know yet.

Taty came walking downstairs humming a song. She so random. "Okay I'm ready." I locked up everything and got in my truck. "Where Ms Janet go?"

"I don't know she went to run some errands she should be back by time we get home."

"Okay so where we going" I pulled out the driveway pulling off.

"Well first we gonna go pick your birth certificates then we gonna go enroll you to the middle school up here. "

"Okay"

***

"Dang she talk to much " me taty we're finally leaving the child center from getting her papers and ms brown had a mouth on her.

"I know right. I thought she was gonna give us the paper and send us on our way." We laughed. " you hungry"

"Yeah a little "

"Okay. Pizza cool?"

"Yeah" I drove up the road where I knew a good pizza place. The best on the southside. Plus I'm cool with the owners I used to stop here all the time as a younging.

"You had bambino's before?"

"No But everyone used to talk about it. like the old heads. "

"Old heads? You calling me old?" She laughed

"Man bambino's been around since the 60s. They got the best pizza on the southside. I spent half over my young days in that restaurant. I ain't have them in a grip tho." I pulled into the lot seeing shit still didn't change there was still a seven eleven next store and a liquor Store on the other side with bums drinking their life away in the front.

"I know that's not Toni " we walked in and was met with mama Rosa the owner wife. "Oh my god it's Toni honey it's Toni " she came around the corner giving me a big hug. "I know that smile from anywhere. Where have you been? You still running these knuckle heads"

"I'm always around just not visible. I live on the north side now but you know this my city I ain't going nowhere." She smiled at me.

"TONI RONI" Mr franky came from the back loud as ever. He was like my Italian pop pop or something. "What's sup how you been?"

"I been chilling."

"Tell me something did you ever marry that fine dime piece? " when I first met Janet I would bring her here cause that woman love some pizza. Franky would always say how we were gonna end up marrying eachother.

"Just celebrated five years."

"What I tell you. You see I called it Rosa. Who's this young Lady?"

"Hi I'm Tatyana. Toni roni daughter " this girl is a clown.

"Wow she your twin. So what y'all want today it's on the house."

"On the house my ass you know I got you. I want a chicken cheesesteak with peppers that's it"

"Still the same ole Toni and what you want little lady"

"Just two slices of plain and a water."

"Coming right up. Go sit at your usual table like old times." I lead taty to a table near the back that was my table and everyone knew it back in the day.