12)

"Damien stop, stop" Damien was punching on Tonya

"Shut the fuck up bitch I told you bout talking to that bitch." He was referring to Amanda, Tonya best friend. He caught tonya texting her.

"But taty was hungry. Baby please stop." He picked her up and smacked her. Taty stood in the doorway crying watching her mother get beat on for the second time this week.

He dropped her on the floor before kicking her in her stomach. "Here's a little something for your pain. " he reached in his pocket grabbing a small packet with crack in it. Taty cried harder watching her mother become weak.

Turning around Damien smiled at taty. She balled her fist and started breathing faster. "Wipe those tears babygirl ain't nothing wrong with mommy." He licked his lips at her while grabbing himself."you'll learn one day."

Jumping out of her sleep taty was covered in sweat she started breathing fast, She looked over at her phone and seen it was three o'clock in the morning. Hopping out of bed she grabbed her throw blanket walking out her room.

Going to knock she hesitated. She thought they might find her annoying or too clingy. She didn't wanna seem like a burden. Walking back to her room she heard the door open.

"Taty. You okay what you doing up this late?" She turned around to Janet. "What's wrong baby are you okay." She saw taty had tears in her eyes.

"I ha-had an um nightmare."

"You wanna sleep in here pooh." Taty shook her head."okay let me turn down the heat cause I'm hot." Taty nodded and followed Janet down the stairs."you wanna talk bout it?"

"No maybe later." Janet nodded.

"Okay Pooh let's go back to sleep." The two of them walked up the stairs climbing in the bed with Toni. Taty cuddled under janet.

"Good night mommy." Taty said half sleep. Janet sat there in shock feeling a tear fall from her face. Was taty dreaming or was she for real? Janet questioned. She laid back and silently cried herself to sleep.

Waking up out her slumber janet stretched her body out"mhmm." Rubbing the sleep out of her eye she seen taty and Toni was already up. Walking into the bathroom Janet freshened up before putting on some clothes. She still had what taty said on her mind. Part of her was excited about being called mommy, to her it means she earned taty trust. But other part of her was scared. What if taty was just sleep talking?. Janet took a deep breath before walking downstairs.

"Good morning." Janet said walking down the stairs seeing her wife in the living room watching tv.

"Good morning baby." Toni stood up giving her wife a kiss."you hungry? We were waiting for you to wake up.
I'm gonna order some breakfast."

" yeah thats fine." Toni can see something was bothering Janet.

"What's wrong baby you okay?"

"Where's taty? "

"She's in here sitting room." Janet took a deep breath.

"Last night when taty came in our room. She said "goodnight mommy." And Toni it did something to me. But I don't know if she was for real or just sleep talking. I don't wanna get excited and it's not what I thought." Toni was token back. Janet started to break down. Toni knew she was upset but she didn't think she would be this emotional. Toni honestly didn't know what to do. She let Janet cry in her shoulder while she rubbed her back.