32. Fast Enough

I turn and try to smile

I turn and try to smile. "Yup everything is great."

"Are you hurt?" She walks down the steps of her house.

"Uh, no." I shake my head. "Well just sore but will be great soon. Sorry to bother you if you were realxing outside."

"You are never a bother. Just reading a book for a change while enjoying this weather." Fayla replies as she reaches me now.

"Did you fall?" She looks over me with worried eyes. Ones that show she is a mother and makes me wish I had that growing up since I can't remember having a person worry about me as such.

"No." I shake with head and smile.

"Something is wrong Dear. You're walking funny." She tilts her head with a frown.

"I, um." I stall not shy about it but feel crazy for having to walk this way. "I had my first wax experience."

Fayla laughs then covers her hand over her mouth. "Oh Dear I am sorry for laughing. I know just how you feel, it was the same for me. Did Helana give you some cream to help?"

I nod.

"Perfect make sure to use that and don't go sparingly either trust me a good soak with the cream when she told you to do it and then maybe five minutes after it will feel like normal and that is coming from me a human not having your healing abilities." She smiles.

"Thank you for telling me." I smile lightly and nod. "I felt crazy for walking this way."

"No need to feel crazy there is many of us that have walked the same way but sweats would have been more forgiving after a waxing for future reference if you continue it."

"Thank you so much. Magnolia took me after barely there explaining it and apparently didn't have this type of issue after."

"Some lucky people have no reaction to it." She smiles and hugs me tight.

Her arms is that of a loving mothers embrace. I could melt in her arms that are so gentle and caring.

Fayla kisses the side of my head and smiles at me. "Lance said that he spoke with Seth and they are making their way back tonight."

"That is sooner than they were expecting." I perk up though knowing he should be back by morning.

Fayla nods. "The details are short but he told Lance that they got enough in just the day of being there today."

I swallow hard hoping it means they know what is going on. Now I am anxious for the morning.

"Now morning can't come fast enough." I sigh.

Fayla gives me a knowing smile. "Why don't you come over for dinner? I am making up lasanga again."

"As long as I am not intruding."