CHAPTER 25

Marybeth was in a room full of computers . She was busy pressing buttons and writing things down when a little girl came in and started running around. "Mummy! It's my birthday! Come downstairs, " the child said. "I know sweetie, I'll be down in a minute, " Marybeth said. "No, mom you're always working. Just come downstairs please. Dad is already waiting, " the little girl said. She pulled Marybeth from her seat and drugged her downstairs.  "Cath, you're such a handfull, " Marybeth said when they were down.

Joseph was holding the cake and he put it down on the table. "For the birthday princess, " he said. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Cathy. Happy birthday to you, " Joseph and Marybeth sang. "Make a wish baby, " Marybeth said. Cath closed her eyes and blew out the candles on her cake. "Sorry we couldn't do much for you this year baby. We'll make it up to you as soon as we're back in the States, " Marybeth said. "It's okay, I still got a big cake, " Cath said grinning widely.

Marybeth cut a huge piece of cake for her and gave it to her on a plate. Cath sat on  Joseph's lap as he fed her. Then when had a bite of it, she whined, "Mom, dad ate my cake. " "Oh no he didn't, " Marybeth said jokingly, " come get his piece then. He'll have yours instead. " Cath excitedly went and took her plate. She soon ran off to her room. They both smiled at each other.

It had been ten years now. Things turned out better for Marybeth than expected, her narcolepsy became easier to control and  she managed to be the astronautical engineer she wanted to be. She kept her baby who had now grown into an adorable ten year old and Joseph loved her so much that he was willing to take the full package. They got married some years after Cath's birth. Both Cath and Joseph knew they weren't related biologically but they loved each other as such. And even though Cath resembled the man who ruin Marybeth's life, for some reason, Marybeth still fell in love with her. And she never destroyed her father's image. She just said he passed away while she was still a baby and Becker bought it. She even gave her the necklace with their name combination as a reminder of her birth father. Apart from that, everything else was true. The love they once shared or at least she thought they did. She decided not to hold a grudge.

Marybeth hugged Joseph and kissed him saying, "Thank you. " "For what? " He asked. "Being the best father for my baby. I can't imagine anyone else, " she said. Before he could respond, his phone rang. He looked at it and sighed. Marybeth let him pick it up.

When he was done with the call, he said, "Okay so I have.... " "To go back to the States. Don't worry, I didn't forget. You're all packed up and ready. Cath and I will find you there, " she said. He smiled and said, "And thank you for being the best wife for me. " She smiled.

By now Joseph had a glow up in  his own way, instead of looking nerdy, he looked sophisticated and civilized. The way he spoke and even walked screamed intellect. Marybeth was now also a beauty and was loved by many. Even Cameron's parents warmed up to her.

Later that day, Joseph was ready to leave. He said goodbye to his wife and child and left for this helicopter. When he was gone, Marybeth went back inside and went straight to her office. She left Cath playing with the Butler, Alfred.

She was staring at her computer and studying the sky so much. Then she noticed something on the computer. She looked at the time and when she realised what had happened, her jaw dropped and a tear rolled down her cheek. "Joseph, " she said.

The end.....thank you for reading.